Saturday, April 29, 2023

Triple COINage For Val

Val's Future Pennyillionaire week was off to a fast start on SATURDAY, April 22. I stepped into the Backroads Casey's to find a line waiting at the left register. I stood a respectable distance behind the last guy, who was holding a soda and a slice of pizza. But wait! What was THAT?


At the unmanned right register, I spied a treat for me (a PENNY), and a treat for Blog Buddy River (TWO sizes of Snickers).


It was an old-timey 1977 penny, heads up. I ample-rumpused it into my pocket, and was embarrassed by the old lady clerk stepping over there, saying, "I'll be with you in a minute."

"Oh, no! I'm not next. I'm just getting this lucky penny!"

Can't be too careful in a convenience store line! I didn't want to be pelted with soda and pizza.
________________________________________________________________

SUNDAY, April 23, my luck continued over at the Liquor Store. I was waiting to pull forward into a parking space, so as not to be blocked in by the drive-thru line. The guy had just gotten into his car, but was not moving. So I got out of T-Hoe, and of course he pulled away. However...


I would never have seen this penny in the yellow corner of the parking spaces if I had pulled through, and crossed in front of T-Hoe.


It was a heads-up, upside-down 2006 penny, rescued by the pocket of Val. But wait! I went inside to do my scratcher business, and on my way out, I found another!


Good thing I picked up that penny-impersonating Milk Dud a couple weeks ago, from over by the freezer and charcoal briquets, or it might still be there!


This was a face-down 1993 penny. Not a Milk Dud.
________________________________________________________________

That's 3 COINS this week, for 3 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 44, 45, 46.
Dime             still at 8
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 1

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________ 

4 comments:

  1. You are going to make history with your ability to find lost coins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO have a knack. I could be known for worse things...

      Delete
  2. I'm disappointed now everytime you don't find nickels and dimes. I guess pennies will have to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to find a penny. That makes finding silver even more exciting!

      Delete