Saturday, April 8, 2023

Penny-Finding Is Not For the Faint-of-Heart

Ya can't find 'em all! Obviously, Val's penny-hunting skill is on the fritz. Only one single solitary cent was captured this week. But not for a lack of trying...

THURSDAY, April 6, I was relieved to see my old friend, that dirty dirty rug at the Liquor Store. He did not disappoint.


That coin was waiting there just for me. So I photographed and harvested the meager crop.


It was a face-down 2003 penny, charming my phone camera into taking an in-focus picture on this filthy rug.

But wait! On my way out the door, I spied another treat.


Chillin' beside the freezer, next to the charcoal and lighter fluid. I got my photos.


But something seemed amiss! That was no penny!!! I put it in my pocket anyway. You know, so as not to appear a fool for photographing it. Turns out it was an old Milk Dud. Which I tossed out the window at the Gas Station Chicken Store.

Told you my penny-finding skill was on the fritz!
________________________________________________________________

That's 1 COIN this week, for 1 CENT towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 39.
Dime             still at 8
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 0

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________ 

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there Val! I'm sure your luck will soon change. Luckily that milk dud wasn't a wad of chewing gum like I first thought:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wad of chewing gum regularly tries to trick me on the parking lot of the Gas Station Chicken Store, but it's just a little too pink to be believable!

      Delete
  2. I wonder if the milk dud was happy at being loved for even such a short time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better to have been loved a short time and cast out on the Gas Station Chicken Store parking lot than never to have been loved at all!

      Delete