Saturday, April 1, 2023

The COINtinuity of Life

In the midst of sadness, there is a silvery lining. I have been mourning the loss of my Sweet, Sweet Juno since Sunday. In fact, at the moment I heard about her passing, I had just picked up my phone to take a picture of a penny! Good timing, I suppose. A penny from Doggie Heaven...

SUNDAY, March 26, I had just parked at the Backroads Casey's when I saw that penny waiting for me on the pavement.


I got the picture before I even slid out of the driver's seat. Good thing nobody was parked there!


It was a craggedly handsome heads-up 2020 penny.
_________________________________________________________________

MONDAY, March 27, I was in the Sis-Town Casey's, paying for my gas and scratchers. My schedule was off, due to my fever that sprung up the previous Wednesday. As I turned to leave, I saw a welcome sight!


I set my scratchers on the unused counter by the closed register, to better have use of my hands to pic my dime. Not that it mattered...


Sorry if that face-down 2016 dime makes you feel like your eyes just got dilated at the ophthalmologist's office! 
__________________________________________________________________

TUESDAY, March 28, I dashed into Country Mart to use their scratcher vending machines. It was a worthwhile trip! I won $40 on a $5 ticket. And when I came out, something was waiting that was not there when I went in.


Making sure no one was behind me to nab my newfound bounty, I put my scratchers on T-Hoe's console and came back for the picture.


It was a heads-up 2014 dime, whose photo turned out quite Ansel-Adams-like. Some days my phone camera likes me, some days it behaves like a recalcitrant child.
_________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, March 31, roared out like a lion. I went to town a few hours early to get back home before the 60 mph winds arrived with their possible tornadoes. The Gas Station Chicken Store had a treat waiting for me:


Back there in the corner. I couldn't leave it behind.


It was a heads-up 1996 penny, looking as grubby as its surroundings. I don't discriminate. Even a PigPen of a penny is welcome in my penny goblet.
________________________________________________________________

That's 4 COINS this week, for 22 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 37, 38.
Dime             # 7, 8.
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 0

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. It is good to see your penny hunting had picked up! And your scratchers are part of your life again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I'm back in T-Hoe's saddle, making my daily town trips again.

      Delete
  2. It's good to get out for scratchers again and the pennies and dimes are just the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am happy to be no longer a prisoner of the fever that kept me home for three days.

      Delete