Saturday, April 22, 2023

A Tale of the PairoCOINal

Off to a late start this week with my penny-finding. It was Thursday before one dared to show its rumpus. Better late than never.

THURSDAY, April 20, I spied a sight for my sore eyes at the School-Turn Casey's.


Got my picture without ample-rumpusing anyone, too!


It was a face-down 2011 penny, cooling its cheeks on the tile floor.
_______________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, April 21, I motioned a guy ahead of me at the counter of the Liquor Store, and saw my reward when I turned to get in line.


What a sweet treat! It was even within reach of the toe of my shoe.


You may not believe it, but this was ALSO a face-down 2011 penny! I'm just glad it wasn't an old Milk Dud.
________________________________________________________________

That's 2 COINS this week, for 2 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 42, 43.
Dime             still at 8
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 1

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you are back to harvesting pennies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The Universe and Even Steven were in cahoots to bestow a pair upon me.

      Delete
  2. Coin schmoin! My eyes fixated on the snickers bars. I love them and haven't had one in years. My teeth can't handle the peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! In the top picture, there are GIANT Snickers, far left, next to the giant KitKat bars.

      I don't think I've had a Snickers in over a year. I don't buy the pack of 10 mini Snickers, now that The Pony doesn't live with us.

      Delete
  3. I found a penny on the ground yesterday!! I thought about you as I bent down to pick it up. Heads up 2021 shiny penny! It was in my own yard close to my car, so it was probably mine, but it brightened the day for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes you wonder how it got there. Unless you are in the habit of driving around with pennies scattered on your lap!

      Delete
    2. It wasn't me, silly! It must have happened when I had to do all the driving after his hospital stay. And if it was his, it was mine ....

      Delete
    3. I found a dime in the washer when all I had in that load was bath towels, my hip-hole sweatpants that are only worn in the house, and socks. No idea where it came from. It had been a couple weeks since Hick did his pants, and I'd had several towel loads since then.

      Delete