Monday, April 10, 2023

The Pony Is Getting Acclimated for Summer

We've had some rain and wind lately, but spring is definitely here. The Pony sent me a text last week. With a picture:


"The season of tanlines and sunburns begins anew."

The Pony tans like Hick, rather than freckling like me. It is perhaps more noticeable because The Pony keeps his fetlocks shorn. So there's no shade from his fur to hinder a tan. As far as I know, The Pony has not followed in his father's hoofsteps and had a pedicure.

I'm just happy this was not a broken-ankle picture!

4 comments:

  1. thecontemplativecat here. I burn with a minimum tan. It is the British Irish tan. Today we will have temp. 82 degrees. That does not make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pony burns a bit initially, but it's quickly converted to a tan. We are at 70 today, headed for 80s later in the week. The Pony has taken a week of vacation, so he won't be soaking up those rays for 8 hours a day.

      Delete
  2. Unshorn fetlocks tan just as easily, I know because a lot of the time I don't bother with leg shaving, since I'm not terribly hairy to begin with. I would prefer tan over freckles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my mom's freckled redhead skin, but both boys got Hick's smooth brown version.

      Delete