Friday, April 28, 2023

Destination Reached, Though Perhaps By a Different Route

It has been almost 9 weeks since Hick's back surgery. He is feeling pretty good right now. Says his hip pain is around 1/10. His back doesn't hurt. He is still taking that anti-inflammatory pill that his doctor gave him when the pain was 15/10. Hick walks around unaided by cane or walker, doing his regular activities, and is working on the Double Hovel again with his helper.

Thursday morning, as Hick was putting his shoes on, he commented:

"Yesterday I got on the scale I have over in my Freight Container Garage, and it shows I've lost 35 pounds!"

"That sounds right. You LOOK like you've lost that since your surgery."

Hick has been saying other people have made that comment as well. He has to make sure he has a belt, so his pants don't fall down!

While Hick was in town, I perused the internet for the news of the day. Huh. There was an article about diabetes medicine. You might recall that I had trouble getting Hick's refill for him while he was in the hospital. The pharmacy was out of his regular med, because of people having it prescribed off-label for weight loss! So the diabetics had to make do with some other brand.

It was this new brand that I was reading about. It said this drug is even more likely to cause weight loss than the other! In fact, most people report a weight loss of 34 pounds!

Well. Hick has still lost weight. It might not be solely because he's cut back to one Casey's donut every morning instead of two...

2 comments:

  1. 35 pounds! I've only lost about 14-15 in two years! Guess I'm not trying hard enough. And I won't be buying diabetes medication for it either, since I am not diabetic and don't want to be taking medication away from people who need it. I guess I'll give up chocolate again :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was all due to Hick eating less while having the severe hip pain, and being stuck in the house, not buying snacks, after his back surgery. Apparently, the medicine had a lot to do with it!

      Delete