Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Hope You Don't Blame The Pony When the Price of Stamps Goes Up Later This Summer

The fair weather has barely started, but the post office is prepared! The Pony told me so.

"They're offering us Gatorade for free, as a hydration thing, and like, while I usually take one, it tastes terrible! Like my mouth after a nap! At least for the blue one. And I doubt the others are better."

"Ooh! I like the lemon lime. It was delicious when I was sick. Drink it like medicine! Stay hydrated."

"I'll see if they have that one in the fridge Wednesday."

"Take anything that's free! You can always give it away to Dad if you don't like it."

"I tried. I forget if it was the pale blue or the regular blue. But it had that disgustingly dry taste of a mouth after a nap. As if sleeping after having sugar. Terrible to taste! But definitely a good idea to at least mix it with sips of water during work!"

"Yes!"

"I'll try to keep grabbing one a day."

"As long as they last. Hope they're not running a tab..."

"It's just dumped in the break room fridge. The manager is clear that we should take them."

That's definitely a sign of good will, I think. The Pony is still excited about the neck towel he got last summer. It seems to go a long way in helping him forget the year-long battle he went through to get his worker's comp settlement for his broken-ankle medical bills and eight weeks off work.

4 comments:

  1. The lemon/lime one is definitely the best. I can't have blue anything in case the colouring is #133 which I am allergic too (itchy rash) and the red one tastes awful to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only tried the lemon/lime, but Hick likes the red version, I think. I guess he gets it with his Casey's club points, because I don't buy it, and he's usually a soda man.

      Delete
  2. Gatorade is awful. I like the pale lemon/lime one, if I have to drink it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only like it when I'm sick. Even then, I'll let it sit beside me, taking a couple sips every hour. Never more than half a bottle in a day.

      Delete