Saturday, April 30, 2022

Five of One, One-Twelfth Dozen of Another

Hot dog! Val hit the jackpot on the week after she returned from CasionoPalooza!

SATURDAY, April 23, a penny was waiting for me when I walked into Orb K.

 
I gave up my place in line at the check-out maze to pause for a photo.

 
It was a heads-up 2018 penny, all shiny and meant just for me!
_____________________________________________________________________

SUNDAY, April 24, I got in line to buy scratchers at the Backroads Casey's, and spied a special treat over in the pizza-ordering area.

 
Of course I lost my place in line when I stepped over to take a closeup.

 
It was a face-down 2015 penny. Worth the extra wait in line. 
 
Happy with my new treasure, I headed over to Country Mart for bananas, bread, Diet Mountain Dew, and a couple of salads from the deli. When I came out, NOBODY was parked in the handicap spaces on the way to T-Hoe. So I could walk across that expanse with my cart, as a short-cut to T-Hoe's rear.

 
If cars had been parked there as usual, I never would have found this penny meant just for me.

 
It was a chiseled, heads-up 2017 penny, showing an angular Abe Lincoln.
_____________________________________________________________________

MONDAY, April 25, my luck continued. I was headed to Sis-Town for errands, but made my first stop at the Gas Station Chicken Store.

 
While ruded out of my rightful turn at the counter, I spied a coin on the beer display as I waited. Yes, those pastries on the cardboard Hostess display look good enough to eat!

 
It was a heads-up 2013 quarter, the South Dakota version, which showed Mount Rushmore on the back. I suppose I was meant to be line-butted, so I could have time to take a picture and harvest my second quarter of 2022.

I continued on my quest to get gas for T-Hoe, and buy some stamps at the main post office. Over in Sis-Town, I went in the Casey's to pre-pay my gas, and spied a penny at the unused register. Of course I took it!

 
Good thing nobody was paying there, with a fat foot on my coin!

 
It was a face-down 2020 penny. I'm pretty sure the cashier was annoyed that I was taking a picture, and bending down to pick it up while telling her the numbers of the scratchers that I was buying. She needs to get over it. After all, I spent $40 on gas for T-Hoe that wasn't even half a tank!
_____________________________________________________________________
 
WEDNESDAY, April 27, luck happened right in front of me! I was patiently waiting, at a respectable distance, behind a lady getting scratchers out of the left lottery machine at Country Mart. A guy walked by the right machine, and DROPPED A PENNY ON HIS WAY OUT THE DOOR!
 
 
He didn't come back, so I figured it was fair game. I certainly wanted to snatch it before some old man walked by and picked it up, like the last time I had my eye on a penny in that location, and didn't claim it immediately.

 
It was a heads-up 1994 penny. Funny how my phone can take a detailed picture like this, yet such a poor photo of the whole scene as shown above. Other times it will take the long shot, but not the closeup. I'm pretty sure my phone is conspiring against me.
_____________________________________________________________________
 
That's 6 COINS, for 30 CENTS this week towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
_______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 33, 34, 35, 36, 37.
Dime            still at 4.
Nickel          still at 1.
Quarter       # 2.
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter          6
______________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. This is why I prefer my actual camera, which still sometimes gives me an out of focus picture. You're doing well with quarters this year. Perhaps Even Steven knows the price of gas has gone up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have an actual camera. Even if I did, I wouldn't carry it into every business I frequent.

      Even Steven has been good to me for the past couple weeks. I guess inflation has also hit the penny-finding business, which is good for me, getting coins worth more than one cent.

      Delete