Friday, April 8, 2022

Is This Some Kind of Murderous Reverse Psychology?

The Pony and I were standing at the kitchen counter Thursday night, discussing his upcoming move to Pony House, when Hick came stumping through the kitchen. He bypassed us, and went to the kitchen table, where I had set the two Valentine hearts of chocolates that he'd brought me from the auction Monday night. You may recall that when I opened the box, the chocolates looked like THIS:

 
They were not smashed. They were MELTED! The guy who sold them to Hick said he would give the money back. He wanted a picture of the box, to see that they were not simply smashed. He said he bought a lot of those hearts, and now he couldn't sell them, since another guy also said the ones he bought were melted.

Anyhoo... The Pony and I watched Hick, mesmerized, as he took the lid off the top box of chocolates, and started setting three on the table.

"WHAT are you doing?"

"I'm gettin' me some candy."

"Those are MELTED! The guy said he'd give your money back. Now he'll see you ate some of them, so they can't be that bad."

"He won't care. He just wanted to make sure they weren't smashed."

"They didn't smell right when I unwrapped the plastic..."

"They're fine."

Hick then opened up the box underneath, and also took some chocolates out of that one. I guess he really ate them. I didn't follow him to the living room. For all I know, he might have stashed them out of sight, and then taken them out to throw to the dogs under the guise of peeing off the front porch.

Was this an attempt to trick me into eating poisonous chocolates? Surely Hick is not that much of a mastermind! But even if he DID try this tactic, he could still be guilty of murder. Chocolate is not good for dogs...

6 comments:

  1. Thsi sounds like a fiction plot. Maybe you should develop it. Warning: do not eat the chcolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! A couple hours ago, Hick came to the kitchen and took that whole heart into the living room! I think he's eating the runny bits now! Or is that what he WANTS ME TO THINK?

      Delete
  2. Bad Boy Hick! Bad Boy! Those chocolates need to be returned intact to get your refund. Or just thrown out after you take the picture. You're not doing your gut any favours by eating them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know where he put the box! He'll at least need the box for his refund. Now I'm worried that he'll finish eating the OTHER box of melted chocolates!

      Delete
  3. I really would not eat them! I don't care for chocolate, but I for sure would not do a taste test on those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the kind with orange filling, but even I wouldn't taste one.

      Delete