Saturday, April 9, 2022

Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune Gets a Shot of PENNY-fillin'!

This week made up for last week's shut-out! Exponentially! Although an exponent of ZERO is still ZERO, you know what I mean. I spoke too soon, I suppose, because this week's first penny is actually last weeks only penny. Meaning that I found it on SATURDAY, April 2, after the Saturday CENTSus had already gone to press!
 
I wouldn't have found it, had Hick not interfered! He was parked in SilverRedO at the Backroads Casey's, where I was trying to find a parking spot. I waited and waited by the gas pumps, but when he finally backed out, a white sedan darted in and took that spot! Hick's excuse? "I was eating my slice of pizza so it wouldn't fall out of the cardboard." Anyhoo... I went across the street to the Liquor Store for my scratchers.

 
Obviously, I was meant to be there, because before I even opened T-Hoe's door, I saw it! There by the yellow line, glinting in the sun.

 
It was a face-down 2001 penny, not quite as pretty as this picture. I did NOT thank Hick for his gluttony that allowed this penny's capture.
__________________________________________________________________

SUNDAY, April 3, I was able to access the Backroads Casey's. Again, I suppose I was meant to be there THAT DAY, because while standing at the counter, I saw

 
A penny trying to camouflage itself until I arrived!

 
It was a heads-up 2000 penny, rubbed smooth, perhaps from being somebody's lucky penny. Lucky for ME now, sucker! Take better care of your talisman!
__________________________________________________________________

MONDAY, April 4, was double-lucky! I was back at the Liquor Store, on purpose this time, for some daily scratchers.

For once, all parking spaces in front of the store were empty. So I parked on the left end, and walked around the back of T-Hoe to angle my way along the slant of their parking lot to the door.

 
Good thing no cars were parked there, or I wouldn't have found my precious penny!

 
It was a face-down 2011, looking like it has lived a hard penny-life.

From there, I headed to Save A Lot, which I'd had to skip the day before, due to a lack of parking spaces. I certainly chose the right space THIS day:

 
Right there beside T-Hoe's rear tire was a DIME! Good thing I'm a COINscientious parker! A more symmetrical parker might have covered that dime with a tire.

 
It was a heads-up 2021. A very welcome surprise, since I was already content with the penny I'd just snatched up at the Liquor Store.
__________________________________________________________________

This was the week that kept on giving! On TUESDAY, April 5, I was at the Sis-Town Casey's to feed T-Hoe $40 worth of gas. That's half a tank. On the way back to the gas pumps after paying, I discovered a treat!

 
A DIME! Right in my path, in the handicap walkway where I had trod a mere five minutes earlier on my way in to pay for gas.

 
It was a heads-up 2016. I got my picture and pocketed that dime, and on the way across the drive, to T-Hoe at the pump, I found a bonus!

 
It was a face-down 2000 penny! We think. He was so skinned-up that The Pony and I later debated on 2000, 2002, 2006, or 2009. Something curvy in the last digit. Hard to tell, even with a magnifying glass.
__________________________________________________________________

That's 6 COINS this week, for 24 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
_______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 23, 24, 25, 26.
Dime            # 2, 3.
Nickel          still at 1.
Quarter        0
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter          6
______________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. Wow, inflation has finally caught up with your collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take 24 cents any week, compared to ZERO cents!

      Delete
  2. Those dimes certainly make up for the zero days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I couldn't believe my good luck in finding TWO in one week!

      Delete