Saturday, April 16, 2022

Cinco CENTavos For Val

It was a very good week! The land was flowing with not-filth and pennies.

SATURDAY, April 9, a tardy penny was waiting for me in Orb K, after I'd already put last week's edition of the Saturday CENTSus to bed.

 
There he lay, so enticing, under the close watch of the Doritos. It looks like somebody finally swept the floor of Orb K!

 
It was a blurry 2011 penny, showing his tail.
______________________________________________________________________

TUESDAY, April 12, my old stomping ground the Liquor Store did not disappoint.

 
A penny was waiting for me at the door! You might say IN the door...

 
It was a face-down 1995 penny.
__________________________________________________________________

Even Steven continued to smile on me WEDNESDAY, April 13, at Country Mart.

 
How convenient, right there by the right-side lottery machine!

 
It was the week's only heads-up penny, a 2017 version.
__________________________________________________________________

Val had no shortage of luck on THURSDAY, April 14. It was errand day, with several stops.

 
Thank goodness that customer did not see the penny hiding under the corner of that candy bag! I had taken my first photo when she completed her transaction, and the clerk had the NERVE to say she could help me at the next register! I had to give up my position to a man who was waiting behind me. Thankfully, HE was also not a penny-finder!

 
It was a face-down 1996 penny, which caused an ample-rumpusing for several line-waiters.

The luck continued at my last stop, TERRIBLE CUTS! I haven't been there since February, 2001. My Lovely Lady-Mullet is as shaggy as the mane of Misty of Chincoteague!

 
If their asphalt was skin, a tanker truck of Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion would be called for! The penny is shining right there in the center of the photo. I guess I was meant to park so far away, since this was directly in my path to the door.

 
A face-down 1993 penny, which quite conceivably had been there since February, 2021.
_____________________________________________________________________

That's 5 COINS this week, for 5 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
_______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 27, 28, 29, 30, 31.
Dime            still at 3.
Nickel          still at 1.
Quarter        0
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter          6
______________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. a penny a day keeps the doctor....oh wait, that's apples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! Don't spread that idea, or more people will be taking MY rightful pennies!

      Delete
  2. A penny for your thoughts? Good hunting! I wonder how much money they sweep up. That would be an incentive to sweep the floor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! I give my thoughts for free! I don't think other people value floor coins as much as we do. At least not enough to sweep the floor.

      Delete