Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Add Drug-Seeking to Val's Public-Enemy-ing Crimes

As you read this, I am on my way to the doctor. DON'T THINK I WANT TO BE THERE! I am only going to comply with the archaic policy that my prescriptions cannot be refilled unless I have an in-person appointment with my physician nurse practitioner every 6 months.

I understand the need for monitoring a person's health. Testing them for side effects of the medicine. But let's not forget that for 7 WEEKS, those physicians nurse practitioners did not want anything to do with their regular patients! Even those like Hick, who need a weekly shot. Had to get it standing in a parking lot, IF the employees showed up. Which they did not always.

Of course my prescriptions ran out of refills the very week that Missouri relaxed the Stay-At-Home-Down. You'd think that my physician nurse practitioner could have given me a courtesy refill for one month. Then seen me with an appointment, after things settled down a bit. He's done that before, when I had other plans, and the available appointments didn't match up.

Sheesh! It's not like I take anything good! Just a generic blood pressure med, and a heart-slower, and a pill for my thyroid that was removed back in 2010. To make matters worse, he refilled the heart-slower, but not the other two! What in the NOT-HEAVEN?

Anyhoo...I read in the local online newspaper that my clinic/hospital facility, as of May 6, would be requiring every single person who enters to wear a mask! I am not looking forward to this. It will make me feel claustrophobic and breathless. Val is not mask-friendly! You'd think with her life as a public enemy, she would have at least a passing acquaintance with masks. But no. I do not like them in the store, I do not like them at the door. I do not like a mask, you see. The thought of one can suffocate me! My mindset is that I will wear a mask when they pry one on my cold dead face!

Hick says I will be better off using a cloth or paper mask they issue at the door, rather than the cup-shaped ones he has from painting, that look like something a football player would wear to protect his nether regions. Hick has seen them (the hospital/clinic masks, not the football players' nether regions) when he takes his friend for chemotherapy.

Anyhoo...I expect my blood pressure to be elevated from my fit of pique over the whole scenario. I will wear the mask, but only because I am seeking drugs! I understand that the masks are to protect other people, that they do little to protect my own self. I don't begrudge other people their lives. But I am not Covid Val, a carrier to rival Typhoid Mary!

They can't take my temp and suck my blood fast enough!

Funny how one week, chronically ill people, those needing non-emergency surgery, expectant mothers, and some needing chemo are not allowed to visit the healthcare facilities, but the next week healthy people are commanded to come in, or else must do without the maintenance meds they have taken for 15 years. It's like one minute food is on the grocery store shelf, and the next minute it's garbage in the dumpster.

13 comments:

  1. It does seem a little fishy doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am suspicious by nature. Thanks to my teaching career.

      Delete
  2. No time for any special consideration, especially where politics might be involved. I only wear the mask if I am near anyone, which is only at a market, so like three times in 8 weeks. Still, WEAR THE DAMN MASK! Other people don't know you've been in lock down.

    Too many funny references in this one, kudos for slipping in Dr. Seuss.
    Just to beat River at it, why do you need a pill for a thyroid that was removed back in 2010. What good will a pill do, it has been removed?

    I have to see the doctor every year to renew a prescription that he spent years trying to get me to take...crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WORE IT! If only my new used iPhone 8 would stay on long enough to take a selfie! Then I could prove it. ("Pic or it didn't happen," says Genius.)

      Heh, heh. The pill give me the synthetic stuff that a real live thyroid secretes. It kind of makes everything else work right.

      I would gladly let the doctor--I mean nurse practitioner--use my insurance card on file for billing purposes, to say I'd been there for an office visit! I don't expect them to give me refills indefinitely for free.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I sooo hear you! esp the p.a. instead of a real honest to goodness doctor. I went to get a pain shot for a migraine, saw a p.a. who believed I had a sinus infection. No symptoms. So she gave me a prescription I will never use, then I got a toradol shot. Damn idiot.

    Other than that, I am using a snow shovel to get through my husband's debris in the LR. God help us both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still mid-pique-fit from when my doctor (former military physician) forsook my clinic to go work for the VA. Where he has since retired, leaving my stepson The Veteran in perhaps a fit of pique.

      Yikes! The snow shovel! Sounds like when Hick and HOS (Hick's Oldest Son) cleaned out the $5000 house before renovations.

      Delete
  4. I heard on our news that those needing regular medications can get them from their chemist (pharmacist) as long as their details are in the system, if their prescriptions have expired. All my details are in their system, but I still have viable prescriptions so haven't needed to test that yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense, doesn't it? But of course we can't have that here, even with a phone call to the doctor--I mean nurse practitioner--to verify the refills.

      Delete
  5. Of course this is only while the locks downs are in place and people can't make it to their doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if mine would have been refilled if they ran out the week before, still during Stay-At-Home-Down? I'm thinking not...

      Funny how I can go to the doctor now, but the pharmacy still only operates out of their drive-thru window!

      Delete
  6. It is all so confusing. The pharmacy called to say hubby's prescription was ready. Went o pick it up and there were only three pills available. This whole pandemic has everything cattywampus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one of mine that got refilled shows it has .3 of a refill left! They messed that up last time, though, six months ago. So no excuse there except the doctor--I mean nurse practitioner's--people bungling a 30-day into a 90-day order. We can't do the 90 days, not with our mail delivery.

      Delete