Saturday, May 23, 2020

Val Is the Captain of the PENNY-Four...

My Future Pennyillionaire Fortune is still smiling on me, waiting patiently for my arrival.

SATURDAY, May 16, at 2:46, after the Saturday CENTSus had already gone to press, I discovered two pennies waiting for me!


On the left is a 2015 penny that was found heads-up under the counter of Orb K, with a new used iPhone 8 that committed hari kari, in my hand. On the way back to T-Hoe, I found ANOTHER one, a 1973 face-down penny on the yellow stripe that marks the handicap walkway.
_________________________________________________________________

On TUESDAY, May 19, I left that blasted phone in T-Hoe when I dashed into the Gas Station Chicken Store for my daily 44 oz Diet Coke. Of course I spied a penny next to the brick support post holding up the gas pumps roof.


It was another retro coin, a face-down 1966, posed here on a future losing ticket. I wish I knew why that phone lets me take a picture in T-Hoe, but shuts down immediately when I try it inside the store. Hick says he'll drive me to get a new phone on Thursday. We'll see.
________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, May 22, I found a sweet cent right in front of the door to the Backroads Casey's. I thanked the man who held the door for me after he went in, but then let it close to bend over, showing ample rumpus and risking empty noggin, to pickup that penny from in front of the other double door. No wasted energy carrying a bum new used iPhone 8 in my pocket. So I noted that it was heads-up, and later had The Pony snap it, and tell me it was a 2012.


Here it is, courtesy of The Pony's Samsung, perched on his $10 winner, our new favorite ticket.
__________________________________________________________________

Four cents this week, and still sailing towards the Port of Pennyillionaireville!
 __________________________________________________________________

2020 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 54, 55, 56, 57.
Dime         still at 11.
Nickel      still at 3.
Quarter   0

2019 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        20
Nickel        8
Quarter      5
__________________________________________________________________ 

6 comments:

  1. I have had a great week finding change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess more people are out and about. Maybe with holes in their pockets.

      Delete
  2. Your phone camera is practicing social distancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid it is taking its last gasps. Hick says he has me penciled into his schedule for Thursday. Even though he first tried to pawn me off on The Pony for our 30-mile drive north to a Sprint store that won't make me lease.

      Delete
  3. Four pennies and a win for The Pony :)
    Hold Hick to his promise and get that new phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day, I wish I'd gotten a new phone YESTERDAY! This iPhone has soured me on Apple stuff, even though Genius swears by it. Even HE says I have lemon, and that it must be a bad battery.

      Delete