Sunday, September 13, 2020

More Easy Money, Hick and Val Versions

Hick continues to accumulate wealth without doing much of anything. Friday he got an offer he couldn't refuse. Not from Back Creek Neighbor Bev, and not the meat of a Ponytail Guy. This offer was from my best old ex-teaching buddy Mabel. 

Mabel is making plans for new garage doors. THREE new garage doors. And what better way to dispose of the OLD garage doors than to offer them to Hick? It sure beats paying the installers to haul them away. So Hick is in line to acquire, free of charge, three 8x10 garage doors, insulated, with a wood finish, slightly faded.

I know Hick can make money on these garage doors by advertising them for free on Buy/Sell/Trade. Something tells me he will likely keep at least one for himself. He hasn't said as much, but I've become a pretty good judge of charHICKter. It will be 4 or 5 weeks until Hick can take possession of his new used garage doors. He's in no hurry.

I also came upon some easy money on Friday.

That's another $100 winner on a $30 ticket. So it won back double-and-a-third of what it cost me. I will invest in another one this week. The payoff lately is better than that of the $5 scratchers, which were giving me NOTHING back! I'm sure the worm will turn, and I'll go back to the $5 tickets soon enough. Meaning as soon as I use up the bankroll I've accumulated on the winnings from the $30 tickets. Except for the $500 winner. That's put away, no playing back. No streak lasts forever, be it winning or losing.

8 comments:

  1. You and Hick certainly do seem to have a bit of the Midas touch about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're doing okay! I'm on a current winning streak, and nobody has stolen anything from Hick's Storage Unit Store since he put in his security cameras. I guess they act as a thief repellent.

      Delete
  2. How do you make money offering the doors for free? I see this on Facebook all the time, people offering nice stuff for $0. Is it to start a bidding war? Always wondered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's like the guy who got up early and shot a tiger in his pajamas. Perhaps my syntax was less than perfect. You'd think I was dealing with geography...

      What I MEANT was the Buy/Sell/Trade listing is free. And that Hick will set a price and take at least a dollar for the doors, heh, heh. His dollar profit margin.

      I have not seen people offer things for $0, but I'm not on Buy/Sell/Trade. I suppose they're like Mabel, and want to get rid of the items without paying somebody to haul them away.

      Maybe if somebody really wants a $0 item, they will contact the giver-awayer, and offer to pay a certain price in order to hold it until they can pick it up.

      Delete
    2. I see it on Facebook sale page all the time. I'm sure a 2014 Cadillac is not offered for free but they often list a price of $0. Maybe Hicks knows why.

      Delete
    3. I will ask Hick the reason for that. I'm sure I will get an answer, but not sure if it will be truth, or Hick's version of the truth!

      Delete
    4. Somebody had a tiger in their pyjamas??? Heh.

      Delete
    5. I think it's actually an elephant, not a tiger, and from a Groucho Marx quote. But it gets used as a grammar example a lot.

      Delete