Saturday, April 18, 2020

If It's CENT To Be, It'll Be

Even though Val chills in her lair these days, only venturing out twice a week, for groceries or mail... her Future Pennyillionaire Fortune awaits. On Monday, April 13, I spied a penny meant just for me, hiding in the floor mat at the Backroads Casey's.


I had plenty of time to spot it, standing my designated distance from the counter.


This 1977 was buried face down, with the rubber mat pulled over his back. Waiting!

Also on Monday, a second penny awaited me, at Orb K!



It was harder to see this camouflagy cent. No rug here.


This face-down 1995 penny was as clever at disguising himself as Peeta in The Hunger Games!
__________________________________________________________________

On the way to mail the boys' letters THURSDAY, April 16, I noted a lonely little friend at the School-Turn Casey's.


It was a face-down 2019, in the indoor shade of the cashews. Which look delicious.


Yes, I exposed my ample rumpus to pick him up, after first dragging him out with my toe.

I can't believe I was worried about not finding pennies with limited hunting opportunities. If I'm meant to find pennies, I'll find pennies!

That makes three this week, in two days.
__________________________________________________________________

2020 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 36, 37, 38.
Dime        still at 8.
Nickle      still at 3.
Quarter  0

2019 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        20
Nickel        8
Quarter      5
__________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. Damn, I'm afraid to pick up the mail without a Lysol spritz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I now imagine my precious pennies lying in a pool of some ne'er-do-well's saliva before I find them... I still harvest my copper crop. As somebody often advises me: I WASH MY FEKKIN' HANDS!

      Delete
  2. I bet those pennies were wondering where you were and why they hadn't been picked up yet, I bet they were mighty glad to make it into your pockets after almost being trod on by who knows how many shoes.

    ReplyDelete