Saturday, April 25, 2020

Val Has Been CENTSured By Her New Used iPhone 8

Do you want the good news first, or the bad news? Seeing as how you're all happy-go-lucky cockeyed optimists like Val, drinking from your half-full foam cup of 22 oz of Diet Coke... you'll get the good news first.

I FOUND PENNIES THIS WEEK!

Uh huh. Only two days of hunting, and I bagged a trophy on each of them! MONDAY, April 20, I had to park way down at the end of Country Mart. That's where I'm sure I can get T-Hoe's door wide open when I return. Nothing can park on my left. Nothing was parked in the three spaces to the right of me, either. So I cut across them, on the way to a cart parked at the corner of the building.

It was directly in my path. Almost as if it was left there just for me!


Now for the bad news! I took a picture of the full view. TWICE! Showing the parking space yellow lines, and the cart at the corner of the building. But you know the stubbornness of my new used iPhone 8. This was a face-down 2019. Pretty as a picture on an iPhone 8 can be, with the sun glaring down making a reflection. This one turned out well. I guess my iPhone camera could not resist keeping the close-up.
_________________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, April 23, at the Backroads Casey's, I found this one.


I almost walked past it, on my way back to T-Hoe. But there it was. I hadn't even planned on stopping at this Backroads Casey's, but I left the School-Turn Casey's in a fit of pique without buying my intended scratchers, due to their ridiculous social distancing charade. Not so much the store's fault as the customers' interpretation of the floor dots.

Anyhoo...it was awkward taking the photo. Not because somebody might have been sitting in the driver's seat of that van. But because I couldn't exactly grasp my boughten scratchers between my teeth like I used to. I had to clutch them in my armpit, while juggling that new used iPhone 8 like an apprentice clown with buttered fingers.


It was a face-down 1998. If I had better eyesight, or a bigger phone screen, I would have taken a better close-up. This was a face-down 1998. The year that gave us The Pony!

That's TWO CENTS this week, in two days! I'm battin' 1.000, if you get my sporty drift!
__________________________________________________________________

2020 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 39, 40.
Dime        still at 8.
Nickle      still at 3.
Quarter  0

2019 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        20
Nickel        8
Quarter      5
__________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. I cheer your penny finds every week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good. Because I take a bow every week!

      Delete
  2. Two trips out, two pennies in, that seems fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking it would be nice if cigarette butts were valuable. They are everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be sitting on a Future Buttillionaire Fortune!

      Delete