Saturday, July 20, 2019

Val's Future PENNYillionaire Status Just Blasted Two Months Ahead

Oh, how the worm has turned! The drought is over.

SUNDAY, July 14, I spied with my near-sighted eye TWO pennies on the camouflaging floor of Orb K. Yes. Not only was I excited to climb on the penny train again, I was relieved to have something to show for the week. Double somethings!


I made sure to get a picture, but didn't have time to get individual close-ups.


It was a heads-up 2018, and a face down 1991. Those clerks can be kind of impatient when you're bent over under the counter!
_______________________________________________________________

WEDNESDAY, July 17, I hit the mother-lode-in' jackpot at the Backroads Casey's! As I was walking in, I saw a quarter.

There's an exhibition of my photography technique, in silhouette. That's the newly-painted edge of the sidewalk, not a parking line.


It was a heads-up 2005, which I slipped into my shirt pocket. I was almost humming a tuneless tune of joy. I rarely find quarters. I'd barely taken a step when I saw ANOTHER QUARTER, to my left.

I'm being all prim and proper here, with my pinky finger extended. Like Hick eating chicken wings.


This was a 1985, heads up. It went into my left pants pocket. That's so I can remember which was which when I get home and use the magnifying glass to see the date. I don't know it's going to turn out as well as this picture, until I look at it on New Delly.

Imagine my surprise, on the way back to T-Hoe after buying a scratcher, to see a THIRD QUARTER waiting for me!

I'm sure it was there before, and I just missed it.


This was a 1990, also face up! It had to share my right pants pocket with T-Hoe's keys. Good thing it was my last coin of the day. I was running out of pockets!
_______________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, July 19, I almost missed a penny under the Walmart conveyor. I rarely find a penny in Walmart. People use plastic. And old ladies use checks. That's how I found this penny. Something was wrong with the part of the register that prints the amount on the check. A supervisor had to be called, and after leaning listlessly on the end of the conveyor, I stood up to stretch, and saw it.

Let the record show that I am NOT the person who ate some M&Ms and left evidence on the floor.


It was a face-up 2014. Looks like Walmart gives Orb K a run for their money in the lackluster floor hygiene sweepstakes.
_______________________________________________________________

Yes, this was a good week. I'm up 78 CENTS!
__________________________________________________________________

2019 Running Total
Penny     # 76, 77, 78.
Dime    still at 12.
Nickel  still at 8.
Quarter   # 2, 3, 4.

2018 TOTALS
Penny  131
Dime  17
Nickel  6
Quarter  1

2017 TOTALS (Started in March, 2017)
Penny  78
Dime   6
Nickel  0
Quarter  0
___________________________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. You could get rich faster if you stop by laundromats. You can always find a qaurter under a table or machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems too premeditated! I'd rather they find ME, in the places I usually go.

      Delete
  2. The economy must be good when people drop quarters and no one else will pick them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were fresh! I can't imagine anyone walking past THREE quarters. I was in the right place at the right time.

      Delete
  3. I'm a bit mind-boggled at the three quarters in a row. Someone must have a hole in their pocket. I have a quarter somewhere here, in a box with a bunch of other foreign coins that even collectively aren't worth enough for me to bother cashing them in at a bank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every now and then, I find a Canadian coin in my change. I give them to Hick.

      Delete