Saturday, July 6, 2019

Val's AsCENTion to Future Pennyillionaire Status Has Been Slowed Significantly

Not a bumper crop here in Future Pennyillionaire Land this week. Not much of a crop at all. I can't even blame the recent flooding plaguing surrounding areas. It's more of a case of the coins obviously being meant for Not-Val.

TUESDAY, July 2, I thought I was in the money again.


I rounded the counter to leave The Gas Station Chicken Store, and saw it! A 1973 penny flaunting its tail. See those scratchers stuck to the wall? They're previous winners, $1000 or over, I think. That whole corner around the door is covered with them. Gives the place a certain ambience.


Which is a good thing. Because they're not known for being real good scrubbers at The Gas Station Chicken Store. Anything to draw your eye away from the floor is a plus. They can't trick me, though! I'm looking for pennies, and they are rarely (I'll go out on a limb here and say NEVER) found on a wall.

Yes, I had high hopes, nabbing that cent on only Tuesday. The week did not live up to its promise.
__________________________________________________________________

2019 Running Total
Penny          # 74.
Dime    still at 12.
Nickel  still at 8.
Quarter  still at 1.

2018 TOTALS
Penny  131
Dime  17
Nickel  6
Quarter  1

2017 TOTALS (Started in March, 2017)
Penny  78
Dime   6
Nickel  0
Quarter  0
___________________________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. Awww, only one penny :(
    Interesting décor on the wall though, all those winning tickets. It probably encourages others to try winning by buying from that store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One is better than none! The Gas Station Chicken Store has a reputation for having big winners. Maybe because they sell a lot of tickets, being right off the highway, on the corner by the light.

      Delete
  2. Well it is better than nothing which is what mt week turned out to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I found last week was the remote for HeWho's truck in the washer. He failed to empty his pockets and I think he was about to chastise ME for his failing until he caught the look on my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you may recall, Hick has done his own laundry since early in our marriage, when he objected to putting his dirty clothes in the hamper, rather than leaving them scattered on the floor.

      Last week, I found little balls of FOIL in the dryer. Not the slick foil that wraps his Russell Stover individual sugar-free candies, from the bag I buy for his nightly treats. No. Crinkled-up silver and red foil balls, like would come off a HERSHEY'S KISS!

      I did not mention the issue, saving it for future ammunition in battles over Hick's lack of concern for his health, or his "forgetfulness" in cleaning out the lint trap.

      Delete
    2. I also svae up ammunition for later battles.

      Delete
    3. We will never lose a battle due to being unprepared!

      Delete