Monday, July 29, 2019

Goodies Not From Goodwill

Hick bought some stuff at the auction Friday night. Here they are on a table at his Storage Unit Store, with the plastic scooter he got the other day for $6. Speaking of that scooter, he said a girl around 10 wanted it, and her dad said she didn't need it. They walked off, and she was saying, "But I really wanted that!" Not in a whiny way. Just to let him know she DID need it! Hick said he saw the family walking all around, then as they were up front ready to go out, the girl came running back with $10 and bought the scooter. So he made $4 off it.

Hick got the two wrestling arenas and eight wrestlers all for a total of $2. Not the bigger wrestlers. He already had them, I think. He sold one arena for $5, and four wrestlers for $2 each. So he made $11 off his $2 investment and still has MEAT ON THE BONE!

He bought the two pink hair dolls for $5 total. Hick says they sing and dance and their eyes light up. He had several doll-lookers, but nobody was crazy about them.

When Hick came home, he puttered around in his Freight Container Garage, looking for more stuff to sell, and found two more items that he'd overlooked since originally buying those 18 storage units.



Hick said this Mad Max model is worth $200! But he wanted me to look it up. I did see one on eBay for $200, and one on Amazon for $224. Of course, Hick's has been opened, and has a hole in the box there by the headlight. He says he's going to ask $50 for it, firm, and if anybody objects, he'll tell them to "look it up on the internet!" Also, that if it doesn't sell there at his Storage Unit Store, he'll put it on Buy/Sell/Trade, where shoppers in the city can see it.

This is a Johnny Lightning Muscle Car set. They're all there. The information card has slipped out of that slot. These (the muscle car variety) are going for $34 on eBay. Not sure what Hick is going to ask for his.

Hick is cleaning off a special shelf for them at his Storage Unit Store. I think it should be up front, where he can make sure some ne'er-do-well doesn't open up the box and take one.

8 comments:

  1. I have 2 gr-sons who would zoom around the LR with those 10 cars. Some of them would end up somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully not where they would be stepped on in the middle of the night!

      Delete
  2. I'll bet if that little girl whined, Hick would have lost a sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick would have been fine with that. These days it would be refreshing to see a parent discourage whining with a life lesson.

      Delete
  3. I agree with you about putting those cars where Hick can keep an eye on them. If I was shopping there, I'd be inclined to buy the complete set, my niece's son would love them. I'm glad the little girl got the bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick sometimes gives away a small item to kids who are well-behaved. With parental permission, of course. He has had trouble with a few pocket knives disappearing, but it was by shifty old men, not by kids.

      Delete
  4. I remember rock em sock em robots. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I always wanted one of those, but my sister and I never got it. We had a vibrating football game the made the players "run" when it moved. Not violent enough! We also had a thing that you used to "cook" gel into creepy crawly things. I loved that! Never even burned myself once.

      Delete