Saturday, July 27, 2019

Last Week's Wealth is Still RepreCENTed

My Future Pennyillionaire Fortune continues to accrue. Part of it made a fashionably late appearance on Saturday, too late to be included with last week's totals. We can't let that go unrecorded.

SATURDAY, July 20, I found this dime at Orb K!


It was way over in the corner, kind of hard to retrieve. I nabbed it, though!


A face-down 2012, there in the detritus apparently invisible to the Orb K cleaning crew. Meaning the detritus. Not the dime. I'm pretty sure they would have seen IT.
_______________________________________________________________

MONDAY, July 22, I was back in Orb K, having made it a daily stop since last Thursday, when The Gas Station Chicken Store ran out of Diet Coke in their soda fountain.

These things happen for a reason, I suppose, because I found a DIME when I turned to get in line after ogling the scratcher display. You probably can't see it here, behind the work-boot heels of the corrections officer I'd been chatting with at the soda fountain. That white thing isn't the dime! It's unswept trash. The dime is in a spot of glare, at about the 8:00 position, across the crack, if you use that heart-shaped stain on the floor as the center of a clock.


Thank goodness my phone adjusted the light in the close-up. It was a heads-up 1981.
_____________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, July 25, I was back at Orb K once again. I might just as well sit on the floor there with a tin cup, waiting for coins to fall into it!

I was pleased to see a penny waiting for me, and also to see that the energy supplement shelf was well-stocked for the coming weekend!


I bent over to pick up my tail-flaunting 2001 penny with one leg stretched out behind me like a graceful figure skater. Kinda. More for balance than for beauty.

That's 21 more cents toward my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
__________________________________________________________________

2019 Running Total
Penny     # 79.
Dime      # 13, 14.
Nickel    still at 8.
Quarter   still at 4.

2018 TOTALS
Penny  131
Dime  17
Nickel  6
Quarter  1

2017 TOTALS (Started in March, 2017)
Penny  78
Dime   6
Nickel  0
Quarter  0
___________________________________________________________________

12 comments:

  1. When you enter the store, the whispering you hear is "Here comes that crazy lady who takes pictures of the floor!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that happens in Orb K, it's because they think I'm compiling evidence of their slovenly upkeep of the facility.

      Delete
  2. Out of coke?! Travesty! I almost feel I should gather coins and either keep them or send them to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every couple of months, the Man Owner of The Gas Station Chicken Store makes that same Diet Coke mistake. I don't notice any other beverage running out! You don't have to send me coins. The thrill is in the gathering!

      Delete
  3. Nice amount of coinage. Had to laugh at joeh, I've been thinking maybe one day there'll be photos online of "this weird lady who takes photos of floors".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do I have the feeling you two are planning a mass crazy-temple-finger-twirling event?

      Delete
    2. Oh, i'm twirling all right!

      Delete
    3. I will not be held responsible for any over-use injuries of a crazy-temple-twirling-finger!

      Delete
    4. I can't twirl, I'm too busy imagining Val as a figure skater.

      Delete
    5. Well, my little plan PARTIALLY worked! I inserted that to throw people off of my craziness.

      Delete
  4. I try ed to take a picture of a coin I fond and my husband had a fit. Like he never does anything unusual.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick walks away from me, and stands by, acting like he doesn't know me. I wouldn't be surprised if he's twirling his crazy-temple finger while I'm bent over. Funny how THEIR eccentricities are "normal," and ours are weird.

      Delete