Monday, October 1, 2018

Not Diet, and a Little Bit More Than 44 oz.

Hick has a new treasure that he picked up at the auction. I'm not sure when he was going to tell me about it, but the surprise was foiled when I spotted it in the back of his Gator last week. I was meaning to get a picture of it, but forgot, in my haste to get to The Gas Station Chicken Store for my daily 44 oz Diet Coke.

Lucky for me, Hick sent me a picture from the BARn area.


That's a concrete Coke bottle, people! Or, as Hick sent me with the picture: "A concrete Coke bottle I bought has a broken top but can fix"

I plead ignorance to the other items in his photo. Especially that Save A Lot shopping cart. I suppose it was found in one of his storage units.

Anyhoo...Hick sent a new picture after repairing his Coke bottle.


Aside from having a Frankenstein scar on its neck (but no bolts!), it looks pretty good. I knew how Hick was going to accomplish this feat, because I recognized right away that this was the same size as the giant plastic Coke bottle that Hick has sitting in our bedrwoom, beside the bathroom door. He puts his pennies in it every day, and it's over halfway full. So...I figured Hick would just go to Walmart and buy another one of those Coke bottle banks to use for a mold. (I thought they were about $9-12, but online it looks like they're $27.)

Au contraire! Hick bought a Coke bottle bank at the auction, for TWO DOLLARS, because the bottom had a split in it. Made him no nevermind, because he just wanted the neck.

I'm not really sure what plans Hick has for his repaired treasure. Maybe a Concrete Beverage Bottle Shed is on the horizon...

8 comments:

  1. As I'm sure you know, Coke memorabilia can fetch a pretty penny, I know because the Pickers told me so.

    This is probably blasphemous, but can't you buy large bottles of diet coke and save yourself some trips to the gas station chicken store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bite your dirty-water-cocktail-swilling tongue! Any connoisseur of Diet Coke knows that bottled soda is not as good as fountain soda. Not from the Gas Station Chicken Store, anyway. I will spare no expense, and continue to drive five miles to town for my magical elixir.

      Delete
  2. It's another Roadside Attraction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. But we might have to ask the highway department to build a monkey-business loop to bring tourists closer to Hick's treasures.

      Delete
    2. Is it the world's biggest Coke bottle?

      Delete
    3. I don't think so, but that won't stop Hick from advertising it as such, in his highway billboards for his roadside attraction.

      Delete
  3. I like it. I would paint it to look like a full bottle of coke and stand it in my garden, on a buried cement plinth that it would be cemented to so people can't walk away with it. Actually I would have someone else do the painting part because I'm hopeless with a paint brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if it was painted to look real, somebody would take it. They might even take it with a broken concrete top. Hick is not good with painting, unless it's walls and trim.

      Delete