Sunday, October 14, 2018

Beauty Is in the Eye of the Re-Jugger

Time to showcase more of Hick's junk. I mean classic items found at auction or in abandoned storage units. Today, we have a 1940s or 1950s American Beauty picnic jug, made by the Faris Company, the best I can tell. Hick is sometimes sketchy with his details, and I'm not spending all day looking up information.


According to Hick, it's just "an old thermos jug I bought at the auction." Looks like they sell, used, for about $29. This one, while perhaps perfectly good on the inside, and still having its lid, appears to be quite rusty on the outside. You can still read part of its label, though, if you zoom in.

Hick paid $2 for it at the auction, so he's likely to recoup that much, and maybe a little profit. He's all about moving the merchandise, you know. At least with antique water jugs. No so much with Thomas Jefferson sitting on a boot taking a crap. A treasure like that, he keeps for himself.

10 comments:

  1. I always get a new wrinkle when i read your blog...I laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Hick's fault! If not for his antics, I wouldn't have the subject matter.

      Delete
  2. How could anyone get rid of a statuette of Thomas Jefferson sitting on a boot taking a crap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Hick must be kindred spirits. Stop giving Linda wrinkles!

      Delete
  3. It's metal? We had plastic ones out here, they were popular for about one summer, then they seemed to disappear. Ours was yellow and white and never did get as much use as I thought it would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the old ones were metal. We had a different version when I was a kid, and it was metal. Tan and beige. We used it for camping.

      Delete
  4. The prices of some of these things boggle the mind, said an old mind-boggled Arizonian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it depends on what a collector is willing to pay. Hick watches that Barrett Jackson auto auction, and he can't believe what people pay for classic cars.

      Delete
  5. I think most of the items that Hick has found are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, then. You're in for a treat, because more are headed your way. You've got to see the HOOAAARRRRD! [Typed with my most annoying nasal keyboarding.]

      Delete