Thursday, October 25, 2018

But He WON'T Take American Express

Get your cash ready! Hick will be open for business Friday/Saturday/Sunday. He'll take your lint-covered coins and your limp dollar bills and he's been known to break a hundred...but he WON'T take American Express.

In case you were wondering why Hick would rather reach into my tubey thing rather than pull plastic bags out of another plastic bag...maybe this view of his Storage Unit Store will provide the answer. I don't know why he took the picture. He mentioned on Wednesday that he was going up there to straighten some things up.


It looks like straightening is in order, until you consider that he moves all this forefront stuff outside when he's open. He made the fishing pole rack himself, and has had other vendors ask him to make them one. I'm pretty sure he barters for goods, rather than contracting in cash.

Anyhoo...I have no idea why he would leave his Walmart sack full of Walmart sacks on the floor in the back, when he could find a place to hang it up front. Though maybe that would be taking up valuable merchandising space.

Zoom in if you feel the urge to browse. You never know what you'll find inside.

8 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'm in the market for Thomas Jefferson sitting on the john, but I don't see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! I don't believe Thomas Jefferson Sitting on a Boot Taking a Crap is in stock right now. I think he might be cooling his boot-heel over in the BARn as part of Hick's special collection.

      Delete
  2. That grandfather clock looks nice. And do I see a sign saying "Welcome to our Inn"? It looks like a right proper store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to Hick (and I believe him on this one), his Storage Unit Store is often complimented because "You can walk through it and see everything." He's quite proud.

      That's not a good shot of the grandfather clock. I did a whole post on it awhile back, showing the face. It run great, but I guess it's like pianos these days. Nobody really wants to buy one, and they don't bring much money when they sell.

      Delete
  3. It looks to me like a few more fishing pole racks are needed. I like a few things in there, buy I won't buy anything, the cost of shipping to Australia is horrendous. I'll have to settle for browsing second-hand shops here and weekend markets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess Hick doesn't have room for more racks. Or else his buying of poles has outpaced his building of racks. Are you SURE you don't want a nice Grandfather Clock? I would make sure it was packed well for shipping!

      Delete
  4. Wow! HeWho could take a lesson or two on organizing from Hick. Merchandising is a talent, you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick is good at organizing his Storage Unit Store. Not so much with his personal items at home. He does have an eye for moving merchandise, though!

      Delete