Friday, August 23, 2024

Hick Fulfills at Least Half His Commitment

Grab those smelling salts again! Make sure you're sitting down. If you're a drinking person, you might want to take a shot.

HICK PAINTED THE BEAUTY SHOP WHITE!

Sort of...


Wednesday morning at 8:00, Hick sent me a picture and text. 
"There is the first section white."

And another at 9:45. 


"Whole front painted will need another coat."

By afternoon, another picture at 1:55.


"Two coats all in front finished."

To be fair, the side wall has not been painted. Old Buddy has texted in sick all week, so Hick has been working alone. He says he's planning to do the side wall as soon as Old Buddy can help. I don't see it happening until at least Monday. Hick spends Friday/Saturday/Sunday at his SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2), and I doubt Old Buddy will make a miraculous recovery for one day, when he typically doesn't work Fridays anyway.

Huh. Now that I look at it, the brown color was kind of pretty... But not worth having to explain to casual observers that it really isn't PLYWOOD, but "CEDAR SIDING." Even with stain, it would look like a patch job to me.

10 comments:

  1. The white paint makes that little house pop! I like it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, nice and bright. Now for the final wall! Shouldn't be too hard, with no window or door to paint around.

      Delete
  2. It's a dainty little house but it looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an efficiency cottage! Just needs a little landscaping under the window, to help the curb appeal.

      Delete
  3. The white looks SO MUCH BETTER! Good job Hick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Hick increased the value with that paint, I think.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The red door is a nice touch. I'm not sure where Hick got it, but he was actually thinking of painting it! I liked the look, and asked him to leave it. He agreed.

      Delete
  5. I like the white. Makes it look fresh and clean. I bet Hick could make a window box and put some fake flowers in it and the new owner could plant the real thing next season. It really looks like a cute little cottage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drove past it today, and it is cuter in person. The red door really makes it pop. I hope Hick does something under the window. He will be busy painting the side wall on Monday.

      Delete