Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Hick Gives Me Written Evidence

Not wanting to be outsmarted by smartypants Hick again, I told him I would only believe his statements about the Beauty Shop flip house if I had it in writing. Mainly the part about painting the other two walls white, to match the remaining ones. 

Hick must have still been suffering from a merciless browbeating Sunday evening, because by noon:45 on Monday, he sent me a picture with a text.


"Window trim painted and i am getting the white paint for outside now"

So there was his commitment. Still, knowing Hick, I was a bit wary. He came home with a receipt he said was for white paint. The receipt doesn't mention white, but I'm beginning to believe the transformation might actually happen. 

Heady with assumed victory, I pushed my luck further on Tuesday at 12:30, just before the realtor was scheduled to meet Hick at 1:00.

"A little rock garden would improve the area under the window."

"Yes im going to do something there"

Not a statement that sends my heart racing at the thought of a beautiful rock garden. But at least enough to pacify me for now. And hope that he will mention it to the realtor.

FYI, here's what the Beauty Shop originally looked like.


Aside from all of the outer walls matching back then, I think Hick has done good job!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a transformation! A job well done:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick is really talented at this kind of thing. Can walk through a house, and know where he wants to put or remove walls to create rooms, and how to run the plumbing and electric, etc. The outside is simple, except the part about using "cedar siding" that looks like cheap plywood!

      Delete
  2. There is hope. You're right though. He didn't commit to "white" paint, and he didn't really commit to actually applying it to this house. Just kidding. I'm sure he will get it painted and it will be white. It is a cute little home for just the right person. It actually has a bit of charm with the red door and the black trim etc. Does he have to replace the mailbox or is that up to the buyer? Just curious. Soon there will be a new adventure and partnership on the horizon. I wonder where the next project will be. I know, let's get this one sold before thinking about anymore. Maybe there will be a bidding war? Hope you all make a nice profit on this one and then, on to the next. Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have to listen closely for these clues, knowing how Hick can be deceptive, whether intentional or not.

      I think the mailbox is up to the buyer. Not sure how sturdy the old one was. I also wondered about the porch light. This is a corner house, with street lights all around. So that might not be an issue.

      The Pony and I have been talking about a project, but Hick is too busy right now to discuss it. More news on this current one is coming, because there's nothing else to talk about. Unless somebody parks in my handicap space again!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Heh, heh! I need evidence to back up my arguments.

      Delete
  4. I hope he does follow through! I can picture it in white and it will be so cute, a perfect home for someone my age or someone just starting out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we were thinking. Old people (NOT calling YOU old, of course!) who don't need a lot of housekeeping to deal with, or a young person just starting to live on their own.

      Delete
    2. 71 is considered old and it does not bother me to be called old ..... if I weren't old, I would be dead!

      Delete
    3. Heh, heh! That's what I tell The Pony... it's terrible getting old, but worse to NOT get old!

      Delete
  5. It is definitely better, even with the wood siding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, especially the interior, which had to be gutted down to the floor joists.

      Delete
  6. It does look a lot better now, just needs the white walls and the little rock garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got my fingers crossed on the rock garden.

      Delete