Thursday, March 23, 2023

Under the Weather

Val is not feeling her best tonight.

I checked the weather before I went to town. Hick said I would need a jacket, but my local source showed that it was 62 degrees. So I compromised and wore a long-sleeve shirt, no jacket. I almost had a heat stroke!

I felt fine once I got back home and in the house. Did my scratching. Ate some Dairy Queen soft pretzels with queso sauce. Hick went out to eat with The Pony, so I didn't cook any real supper. At 7:00 I went to the living room to watch Survivor. Came back to the kitchen table and HIPPIE at 8:00. I set out a fried chicken thigh from Country Mart deli that I was going to have for my actual supper. 

Things took an unpleasant turn. Around 8:30, my eating-stomach started doing flip-flops. I forked that thigh right back into the container, and into FRIG II. The back of my neck hurts, around the base of my skull. My shoulders have tightened up from the pain. I am freezing! Every third word, I have to back up and correct. My cold, cold hands are shaking THAT bad. Despite having the heater on under the kitchen table.

Just took my temperature. It's only 99.1. So no real fever to be alarmed about. Somebody please tell my shaking hands and roiling eating-stomach.

Rain is in the forecast for Thursday. All the way through Sunday. Flood warnings for Backroads. I have a sneaking suspicion that a drop in barometric pressure is wreaking havoc on my sinuses. They have been draining clear frothy fluid.

I'm calling it quits for Wednesday night. Going to put on my sock cap, and cover up with The Pony's fleece throw on the short couch. Hope to be back in the business of daily blogging tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Val, I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. I hope it was only for a short while and you're back to feeling better now. I didn't know Survivor had started again and I'm watching last night's episode right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It hasn't been 24 hours yet. The shaking has stopped. The fever is going up and down. Hit a high of 101.2 at 4:00 a.m. Hovering around 100 right now.

      I love Survivor, but liked the old style version better. Seems like they're always getting reward challenges
      now to make their 39 days easier. I miss the competitions where they had to eat worms and bugs, and the "auctions" for food or an advantage. That's how old I am. I've watched it since the first season, with Richard Hatch and Rudy and Sue, my favorite.

      Delete
  2. Ha! I've watched it ever since Richard Hatch, Rudy and Sue too and I agree... eating those worms and bugs was something.f

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It's like you want to look away, but you can't.

      Delete
  3. I read your other blog first and have to admit I'm worried. I'm remembering your hospital stay and how you almost died. Please take care and go to emergency care sooner rather than later if you have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your concern. That time it went on for a couple weeks. I have that pulse oximeter thingy now, so I will keep an eye on my oxygen. I'm feeling about 40 percent better right now. Able to drink water!

      Delete