Friday, March 17, 2023

Two Steps Forward

Hick seems to be on the mend. Only took his pain med at bedtime on Wednesday night. Didn't get up to take any more. Said he felt good. The lawnmower started, and he drove it around to the front of the house. So there goes his idea that it needs to be replaced! We'll see how long the battery holds its charge.

Another great event was his lunch at the Senior Center, where he got a DOUBLE PORTION of ham! Hick says they know he eats his food, unlike the "old people" who just pick at it. Of course being their pet has nothing to do with it in Hick's eyes. Today's lunch was: Glazed Ham, Yams, Beets, Roll, Fruit Pie.

Hick came home around 1:30, and went over to the BARn to work on a couple of fishing plugs. Then he sat down in the recliner and covered himself with the afghan. Probably took a nap while I was in town. When I got back, he said, 

"I probably could have done something today, but I figure since I feel so good, I don't want to push it. I'll just rest and heal."

That's a good idea, because on Friday he plans to go to his SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2), then lunch at the Senior Center, then sit around shooting the bull and chewing the fat with his cronies, getting home around 5:00. So he needs his strength!

I am still pleasantly surprised at how fast Hick seems to be recovering.

6 comments:

  1. Those chair naps are important!! At least this is what HeWho says. I need to investigate our little town and find out where the Senior Center is. I would love some time off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in Hick's case, the naps might be good. He's been overdoing it since the day after his doctor appointment. At least this slows him down.

      Maybe you could become their pet, like Hick, and get special treatment and extra food! Though I'm sure you mean for HeWho to go, while you stay home and enjoy your time off.

      Delete
    2. Hmmm, depends on what they have to offer. I would be more nterested in what crafts they had!

      Delete
    3. I haven't heard Hick mention crafts, but they DO have bingo at least once a week!

      Delete
  2. Seems to me Hick has been picking up my mental messages to do the right thing, not overdo it and heal properly. Probably doesn't want a mental slap-down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick's mind is an open book. So it's possible he IS picking up your messages, and is quaking in his camouflage Crocs at the thought of you coming to punish him.

      Delete