Saturday, March 4, 2023

February Goes Out Like a Lion, March Wimps in with No CENTS

On SATURDAY, February 25, Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune was off to a quick start. Orb K continues to exhibit a lack of care from the floor-cleaning department.


Looks like the racks need replenishing as well. So the rack-replenishing department is not off the hook. Not sure if that's a bottle of hand sanitizer or mini-booze.


Here is a face-down 1995 penny, eager to be scooted out under the toe of my filthy shoe-sole, to live a less-squalor-filled life in my penny goblet.
_______________________________________________________________ 

MONDAY, February 27, I had to dash to town while waiting for updates on Hick's surgery from The Pony and The Veteran. As with any rare day when I'm in a hurry, things did not pan out as I had planned. Stopping by the Sis-Town Casey's, I started to think things were looking up!


However... only one register was open. The lady on the right, too near my rightful pennies (!), was putting in her Casey's points. The cashier was working at the register on the left. So I was not sure I could snatch those pennies. I took a picture anyway. And thanks to Even Steven, that cashier guy hopped over to the right register and waved me forward while the gal on the left was putting in HER info. So I got my pennies, but not their closeups. Too many close-waiters behind me in line.

It was a shiny, face-down 2020 penny, and a dull, heads-up 1981 version. Both now resting comfortably in Val's penny goblet.
________________________________________________________________

Um... HELLO? March? Where are Val's cents?
________________________________________________________________

That's 2 COINS this week, for 2 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 27, 28.
Dime             still at 3
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 0

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________ 

4 comments:

  1. March is probably holding back to give you a bigger haul one day. Or Even Steven is on his way to Adelaide South Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I'm okay with Even Steven paying you a visit. Judging by my recent scratcher yields, he's definitely taking a slow boat to Australia.

      Delete
  2. March answers .... "We've only just begun ..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do I imagine March saying that with an evil intonation, twisting his cartoon-Simon-Legree mustache?

      Some days, Val's penny goblet is half-empty.

      Delete