Saturday, March 18, 2023

Chugging Down the Tracks Toward PENNYillionaireville

Another good week for Val's quest to become a Future Pennyillionaire! 

SATURDAY, March 11, proved profitable in the Backroads Casey's.


It's there. Way over under that bag of chips with the green bottom.


It was a heads-up 2022 penny, all shiny and bright. A credit to my penny goblet.
_____________________________________________________________

It was with broken heart that I left three fallen comrades behind in the School-Turn Casey's on Sunday, March 12. I could plainly see them, but they were under the feet of an addled customer. Not sure what substance she was enjoying at the time, but she was quite jittery, and had a husband who kept poking his head in the door telling her to get out to the car. She would reply that she was JUST CASHING OUT, and they'd mouth at each other some more. She told him to come get his ice cream, but he refused. Sitting on the counter were two soft-serve ice cream cones, sitting each in a little plastic sundae cup, starting to melt down the cone. I thought she might finally CASH OUT and be done. I was the next customer. But no. She told the cashier, "And I want... um... I want... um... I want... um..." over and over and over, until she picked two of the $3 scratchers I was about to buy.

Anyhoo... it was sadly my turn at the other register, and then a couple of rough-looking workboot-clad toughs stepped over to my rightful coins, while a third of their ilk was breathing down my neck, having no concept of personal space. So I had to leave behind two pennies and a dime!!!
______________________________________________________________

MONDAY, March 13, I found a treat at the Liquor Store:


That's a lady in front of me. Not a dude. She was having trouble with her draw ticket slip, forgetting to fill in part of it, so had to do it over. I don't mind waiting for a fellow gambler. I was only afraid somebody might dive on that penny and rob me. And what's that contraption? A heater/dryer? Did they perhaps shampoo that filthy rug??? It looks cleaner than usual.


It was a heads-up 1993 penny. The closeups never photograph well on that shade of carpet.
________________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, March 16, I was leaving the Gas Station Chicken Store when something caught my eye. I have been fooled more than once by a silver foil circle that peels off the top of those little bottles of energy drink. So I pulled T-Hoe from the handicap space up to the air-hose space, and got out to take a look:


There it is, at the apex of the pointy triangle shadow from T-Hoe's door. Not the white thing beside the shadow, which is a cigarette butt.


I stepped past it to get a photo not darkened by my gargantuan shadow. It was a face-down 2007 dime. I'm so glad I stopped and risked being thought a fool for photographing a possible circle of foil!
________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, March 17, deja vu occurred! I pulled up to the Gas Station Chicken Store while my favorite clerk was outside talking on her phone. Since no cars were on the lot, I assumed she was taking a break while she could get one, since she works alone during the afternoons. I took my time getting out of T-Hoe, and noticed a little friend calling to me from the blacktop:


I took pictures and snagged my treasure before heading inside. I swear it was not there the previous day when I found my dime. I guess people stopping for FREE AIR must have holes in their pockets, and lose their change on the way back to their vehicle.


It was a face-down 2003 penny, happy to join my collection.
________________________________________________________________

That's 4 COINS this week, for 13 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 33, 34, 35.
Dime             # 6.
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 0

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________ 

4 comments:

  1. Gosh Val, that must have been so hard to leave behind those two pennies and the dime. I would probably have gone back into the store to try again. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If those other customers had not been so WEIRD, I might have stepped aside and waited to get that register. But the way they were carrying on, I just wanted to distance myself. It was very hard to get my rumpus in gear to PASS BY those coins. The dime, especially!

      Delete
  2. At this rate you'll need another goblet by Christmas!

    ReplyDelete