Thursday, March 16, 2023

Waiting For the Next Backstep

Hick took his pain med at 6:00 Tuesday evening. Then he took it again at midnight. I scolded him for not waiting eight hours, but he said IT'S THE EXACT SAME MEDICINE he was previously taking every four hours. True.

Anyhoo... he woke up refreshed and in minimal pain around 8:00 a.m. So I guess that tactic worked. He got dressed and went around to the back yard to get the lawnmower out from under the back porch deck! Said he was going to ask one of his buddies to come pour gas in it, since he can't lift the gas can. I cautioned him against doing too much. Can't be good on a new back to be bumping around on a riding mower for a couple hours!

Hick went to eat at the Senior Center: Fish, Cowboy Beans, Slaw, Corn Nuggets, 'variety of desserts.' I suppose his harem gave Hick one of each dessert! I haven't asked yet.

When he came home, Hick said he was going to the BARn to get his battery charger, because the lawnmower was dead. He at least drove the Gator over there. THEN he said something that really rankled me: "Huh. How old IS that lawnmower, anyway?" He'd better not be thinking of getting a new one! 

"I don't know, but I DO know that you bought that one without even asking me, when you got mad and left one day. Then two days later, I see you driving that new lawnmower through the front yard! $1700 that you did not even discuss with me!"

"I think it was a long time ago. Genius was still in college. I gave him the old mower for his college house."

"Don't try to change the subject!"

"I admit I bought the mower without asking you. But not because I was mad."

Huh. I suppose that was just a coincidence...

Anyhoo... the mower didn't charge up on the charger, so that saved Hick's back for one day. He looked up battery prices at Walmart, and they are around $25 for the mower. So his back better get ready for a workout. Provided he can get the gas poured in.

Oh, and he took his pain pill at 8:00 p.m., with plans to get up and take it at 2:00 a.m. So if two pills a night, six hours apart, work for his pain, that's better than taking three of them all day, eight hours apart.

6 comments:

  1. I don't think he should be bouncing around on a mower either, but my voice is pretty small from so far away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can stand outside, face our direction, cup your hands around your mouth, and voice your opinion. The wind may carry it to Hick's ears!

      Delete
  2. What can be said? It is from a part of his brain, that has his POV. Mow away, I say, Mow away, Hick. Tomorrow I have a special St. Patrick's Day post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot can be said from MY POV! Hick can get his own blog and share his POV. I'll check out the St. Pat's post.

      Delete
  3. I am with River, I don't recommend mowing, all that jostling around can't be good. But, a man is gonna do what a man wants to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can lead a man away from a lawnmower, but you can't make him not-mow.

      Delete