Thursday, July 1, 2021

That's ONE Way to Gas Up Your Tractor

Make a note-to-self, people! You can do it on your phone if you are smarter than I, the technological simpleton, who didn't have such gew-gaws during her VALedictorian days. No need to use shorthand (for which I won the yearly award), or write a reminder in ink on the back of your hand (which I never did), or use your pencil eraser to burn the message into the cover of your spiral notebook.

HERE IS HOW YOU CAN GAS UP YOUR TRACTOR:
 
 
I, myself, would have brought the gas to the tractor, in a safety-certified gas can. But what do I know? I'm not a tractor-driver, even though we have two.

It reminds me of this old joke, sure to offend people these days, so don't read on if it's going to trigger you...
________________________________________________________________________

Residents of a mental institution are working in their garden when a bigwig comes by giving the press a tour of the facilities. He has an agricultural expert with him, describing the methods used to grow fresh produce for the dining hall. 

"What do you put on your strawberries?" asked a reporter.

"I find that manure is the best," replied the expert.

"Oh. I put sugar on mine," said a worker who overheard. "But then, I'm crazy."
________________________________________________________________________

Don't do it! Don't call me insensitive! It's a JOKE! My grandma worked for years at State Hospital Number Four, over in Bill-Paying Town. I'm entitled, I tell you!

4 comments:

  1. You can't make a joke about crazy people? That's just...you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Cranky Old Man--I mean Cranky No-Spring-Chicken One-- If I was a betting woman, I would put my money on YOU putting a kitchen towel on YOUR strawberries.

      As the recipient of many a crazy temple twirly finger, I am ALLOWED to use the 'C' word.

      Delete
  2. I remember that joke and it is still funny!

    ReplyDelete