Friday, July 9, 2021

I Think Hick Might Be Sub-Contracting His Gaslighting

Thursday is my Burger King day, when I pass by on the way home from my mail/gas/bank errands over in Sis-Town. I got sidetracked by a meet-up with The Pony after work, and was only driving through for a large Diet Coke and a mini chocolate shake. The Pony offered to pick up supper, but I hadn't had lunch yet, and feared I might starve to death while waiting for him to bring home the bacon Chinese. Hush now! It's possible that I could starve to death! It was already 5:00! Only a handful of dry Honey Nut Cheerios (store brand, at that) at 1:00 were tiding me over.

Anyhoo... The Pony is the one who suggested the mini shake. He's so in tune with helping people these days.

"A mini shake wouldn't fill you up, and you'll have something until supper arrives. And you won't have to go all the way into town to the Gas Station Chicken Store for your soda."

Yes. That certainly sounded reasonable. I pulled up to the Burger King speaker and made my order. 

"A large Diet Coke with no ice, and a chocolate mini shake."

I've made that order before. I tried to order a min shake last week, but the girl said, "Our shake machine is broken." I thought that excuse was trademarked by McDonald's. A McScuse. 

Anyhoo... THIS TIME, the girl in the speaker said, "We haven't had mini shakes for QUITE SOME TIME." All haughty-like! As if I had tried to order Green Jello Pineapple Cucumber Salad from the 60s!

I swear I had a mini shake last month! When I got home, I tried to look up the date Burger Kind discontinued their mini shake, but I could find nothing about it! Only that they'd started the mini shakes on July 6, 2020, and they were for a limited time. Huh! Not so limited, since I had one last month.

I wonder if Burger King REALLY doesn't have the mini shakes any more. When my favorite old lady is working the window, I'm going to ask her.

It wouldn't surprise me if Hick had paid them off to deny me a mini shake. Just to mess with me. He ate there last week, or the week before, now that their dining room is open again. 

I showed them! I had a regular chocolate shake! It perked me up, but I was regretting it when my Chinese arrived.

6 comments:

  1. Could you drink only part of a regular shake, and take home the rest making it 2 mini shakes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT? That's CRAZY TALK! What kind of PSYCHO would only drink PART of a shake??? C'mon, man! I have almost dislocated my crazy temple twirly finger while reading your comment!

      Answering my own rhetorical question... probably a THIN psycho. In fact, The Pony brought home half a chocolate shake last week. He 'took it out' for a couple spoonfuls two nights later, and the rest is still there.

      Delete
  2. Perhaps the limited time was from that July to this current July?
    "green jello pineapple cucumber salad" that sounds terrible! Did people actually eat that? I don't know anyone who would put cucumber and pineapple together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking. A reasonable and measurable unit of time. So for that gal to declare it had not been available for QUITE SOME TIME in reference to only 8 DAYS... was just wrong!

      I remember some weird jiggly jello mold dish from childhood. I googled it, and you don't even want to see the picture. I remember pineapple in it, but not cucumber.

      Delete
  3. MCscuse...LOL. I'm telling you I have contacts and I can get you a gig as a stand up comedian. Eat first so you don't pass out on stage, though. QT has a deklicious mini shake with whipped cream and cherry for a dollar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What does vision-corrective-wear have to do with getting me a stand-up gig? Oh, wait...

      Nobody has to remind VAL to eat! At this point, I'd rather be a sit-down comedian.

      No QTs around here, or my dollars would be siphoned from my 44 oz Diet Coke fund towards this new magical elixir!

      Delete