Thursday, July 15, 2021

Do-Gooder Hick Receives His Punishment for Another Good Deed

When Hick starred in his very special feature [un]film[ed], which I think of as "The Stinging," he was getting down the 15 fishing poles from the carport rafters because a lady asked for them. A lady he met at his Storage Unit Store. I don't know why That Lady needs 15 fishing poles. Is she living in a shoe? As far as I know, there are no reality shows about counting kids being produced around here.

Anyhoo... Hick took the fishing poles over to the BARn to work on them. That means he might have replaced broken tips with new metal ring thingies, and/or unclogged the reels of tangled line. He took them up to the Storage Unit Store to hand over to That Lady at 6:00. At 6:20, Hick sent me a text.

"Lady hasn't shown up yet ill give her a few than im coming home"
 
"Ok"
 
At 7:04: "My lady never came or called" [HIS LADY???]

"People are rumpusholes."

"Yes"

Since I started writing this tale, further information has come to light after interrogating Hick. That Lady works at a youth ranch down in the middle of nowhere. She wanted the poles for her youths. She called Hick while he was halfway to Oklahoma on his out-west trip the next day.

"How much will you charge me for 18 poles?"

"I only have 12 of them right now. I rushed to get them ready for you last night. You can have them for $1 apiece. But right now I'm headed out on my vacation, so it will be a while before you can get them. Since I waited until 7:00 last night, and you didn't show up."

"Oh. I never get off that early on Tuesdays! I thought I was meeting you tonight."

"No. I told you I was taking a trip."

"I guess I'll have to wait, then."

Heh, heh. I told Hick he should have said, "I'll be there at 6:00." Then she could have waited on HIM to show up. 

Anyhoo, that's the thanks Hick gets for trying to give her a Not-Heaven of a deal on usable fishing poles for a pittance. Three wasp stings and being stood up.

10 comments:

  1. Some people are no (d----d) good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ain't a-woofin'! If you're getting a deal on fishing poles, then at least SHOW UP TO GET THE FISHING POLES!

      Delete
  2. $1 a pole? That will never get you a dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it could keep me in pink $3 change purses for almost 7 Mother's Days!

      Delete
  3. At least those poles are now fixed and ready to go. I would think Hick would fix them before storing them, but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick does not profit from fishing poles alone. I'm guessing that he got them at the auction. He gets home after dark, then wants them out of SilverRedO or A-Cad the next day to go do something else. So he stashed them in the rafters to avoid a trip to the BARn right then to unload them.

      He's had 100s of fishing poles. I'm guessing that the better ones are fixed, and at his Storage Unit Store. He's not going to "give away" the good stuff to HIS LADY.

      Delete
  4. His lady sounds like she is a bubble off. A buck a pole is a great deal. Vacation? Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine what Hick paid for the $1 poles, because he would never sell anything without making at least a 50-cent profit. Sometimes he gets a whole bunch of items for a low price, because the people want to get rid of them, and throw them in with something more desirable.

      Delete
  5. I need to be shopping at Hick's!!!! He should at least get enough to account for the time he puts into them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick has lots of bargains! He'd probably want you to partner up with him, and sell your crafty recycled items.

      Delete