Saturday, July 17, 2021

The PENNIES Arrived Fashionably Late

 Almost a shut-out this week for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune. Almost. It came down to the wire on THURSDAY, July 15, when I found my long-lost Lincoln in the Sis-Town Casey's.

 
My photos are getting more like Hick's every day. But if you squint, you can see my penny there, near the unbooted foot of Annie Oakley. No. I'm sure the real one is dead now. But that skirt just set me off. I guess I'm lucky that gal didn't pop me one for taking what she might assume was a picture of her gal-hooves.

 
It was a heads-up 2005 penny, and not so lucky. The scratchers I bought were losers, and the $20 of gas only moved T-Hoe's gauge up a quarter of a tank.
_____________________________________________________________________

But wait! FRIDAY, July 16, was a very bad day at Thevictorian household, but I was cheered up by a stop at Country Mart. I explained to The Pony, riding shotgun, "I'm taking my phone. Sometimes I find pennies in here."

"Huh. There's one RIGHT HERE in the parking lot beside us. A shiny penny."

"WooHoo! I've gotta get it before somebody parks there!"

 
It's there! Good eye on The Pony. In that opening with the dark round spot, and the long spot pointing at the propane tank lockup. At about the 12:00 position in that circular opening.

 
It was a face-down 2019 penny. A man parked in the next space came out of the store, and asked if I was all right. Well. That's debatable...

"Sure. I collect pennies. I'm getting a picture of this one first."

"If you want to find pennies, go to the McDonald's drive-thru in the mornings. It's covered with them. I should know. That's what I do for a living! I mean... I don't pick up pennies for a living! I do maintenance, and I always find a lot of them."

Heh, heh. Kind of an odd pickup line. At least he made sure I knew he was earning a living. I went on inside, thrilled with my find. Nothing at the kiddie vending machines. I got my bag of limes (The Pony is hitting the rum bottle) and my scratchers, and started out. WAIT A MINUTE! What's THAT?

 
There it is, behind the beeper cart! In the square of watermelon colored tile, not the salmon.

 
It was a face-down 2020 penny, almost identical to the other one. Funny how my phone changed the color so much in the closeup.
______________________________________________________________________

So, after a late-week rally, that makes 3 PENNIES, for 3 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
_______________________________________________________

2021 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 71, 72, 73.
Dime         still at 5.
Nickel       still at 4.
Quarter    still at 3.

2020 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        25
Nickel      10
Quarter      1
________________________________________________________

7 comments:

  1. Have you noticed people around your scratcher stores doing that twirly thing when you walk in?

    Just asking for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No... why does your friend (want you to) ask? Does he sell Velcro brace thingies for Crazy Temple Twirly Finger Syndrome? Was he born without a tongue like little Daisy Mabel, Cousin Eddie's daughter in National Lampoon's Vacation?

      Delete
  2. Macca's Drive through eh? You should try there. Park the car close by and walk through. I like that green and red floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somebody might run over me! Or sue me for damage to their car caused by my ample rumpus! Country Mart does take good care of their floor. They're no Orb K.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you made a good haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't need a wheelbarrow to carry it home, but I was pleased with it.

      Delete
  4. Floors of laundromats and one armed bandits provide a coin or twi when you least expect them.

    ReplyDelete