Thursday, February 6, 2020

Hick Scores Again

Remember when Hick bought the Wonder Woman glass for that girl to find at his Storage Unit Store? Hick was telling somebody about it during a lull in business. Which is pretty routine, now that it's WINTER and not many people stop by the Storage Unit Store. Anyhoo...this guy started talking about his grandson.

"He said his grandson has some kind of Down's Syndrome. They didn't know about it until recently. He's 7 years old, and never talked much or interacted with people--"

"I'm pretty sure you mean some kind of autism. Not Down's Syndrome, which is more of a medical diagnosis that is made before the age of 7."

"Yeah. Okay. That's probably it. Anyway, the kid's brother just started playing hockey, and this boy LOVES IT. He got all excited and started talking about hockey. So I told the guy I'd look and see what I had. I know there's a notebook of hockey player cards. Like baseball cards. I got them for Genius, but he said he didn't really want them. All I have to do is find them. And I think I have a couple of posters somewhere."

"That's nice of you."

"It the kid likes hockey, I want him to have the stuff. It's not doing any good around here."

If Hick can just be introduced to other people's kids who have specific likes, he might be able to get rid of some of his "collection."

6 comments:

  1. Does he have any Yankee things? Mrs. C thinks I'm an idiot if that counts for getting free stuff from Hick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Hick would count your different-abled-ness of being an idiot as good enough for free stuff. However...

      YANKEES? Said all blustery, with spittle flying, like Niedermeyer shouting PLEDGE PEN in "Animal House." Hick is a CARDINALS fan! You might as well inquire about CUBS memorabilia. I'm shocked that Hick, like momma in regards to Julio down by the school yard, doesn't look down and spit on the ground every time their name gets mentioned! No offense.

      The 14-second PLEDGE PIN clip link:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9_EiSaNw3Q

      Delete
  2. I'd better be careful reading these good stories about Hick. I might get a chink in my steely old heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry. There's a 3-part series coming up of Hick the victim. Then I'll ease back into his dastardly ways...

      *Not responsible for chinks in hearts!

      Delete