Sunday, September 22, 2019

In the Hick Land of No Down Payment

Here's an update on the proposed sale of our camper trailer.

Tuesday, Hick met with Blue Truck Man, discussed the price, and called him back with a verbal agreement to sell him the camper for $9000. Blue Truck Man said he was going to the bank on Wednesday. That's the last we heard, until Thursday afternoon, when Hick called him, to explain that he was going to be gone for a few days, and how to proceed with the camper.

Blue Truck Man said the bank was being slow about the loan. He wanted to take the money out of their checking account and give us a cashier's check, but his wife wanted to wait for a loan. Also, Blue Truck Man's dad advised him to take his generator up to the Storage Units, and see if the air conditioner and refrigerator(s) worked on the camper.

According to Hick: "I don't blame him for that. That's what I'd advise my own boys to do."

Thursday, Blue Truck Man called Hick to meet him at 6:00. We rescheduled supper, and Hick drove back to town. Hick said that everything still worked. They slid in the slide-out. Blue Truck Man said he was trying to figure out how to fix his truck to pull the camper. Hick said, "Won't you just use the hitch?" And Blue Truck Man said he didn't realize the hitch came with it, since he hadn't seen it. Hick had it in his truck, and put it in the storage part of the camper that's under the front bedroom.

Blue Truck Man said he was getting the money to buy the camper. Hick said, "I'm going out of town tomorrow. But my son can come meet you with the keys and the title, and take the check to my wife. You can call me, or here's his number. Should I move the slide-out back, while it's sitting here?"

Blue Truck Man said, "No. Leave it in. You've sold this camper! I had a hard time finding one like this online, with the outdoor kitchen. I saw one for $12,500 [presumably with an awning], but it was a considerable distance away. I'm buying this one."

Hick left the slide-out in, but he didn't take down the FOR SALE signs! THEN he notified The Veteran that he was on-call to make the transaction, and me that I was on-call to be home for The Veteran to deliver the check.

Friday, I went to the city with my sister the ex-mayor's wife. The Veteran had to pick up his wife from the airport. But we both made sure we were available to coordinate the camper sale.

Nothing. Not a word.

Saturday, The Veteran went hunting in the morning. I held off on my town trip to see if the transaction was in the offing, so I could stop by and take the check to the bank.

Noon came and went. Bank closed. The Veteran returned from his hunt. Nothing.

That's the thing. Either do it, or give a time frame when you might! I don't like being on-call. I like my routine. Once I'm home with my 44 oz Diet Coke, changed into my lair-wear, I don't want to climb back up the basement stairs and re-dress. The Veteran has it worse, because he has to drive farther, and make the official determination if the check looks legit.

I went to town around 1:00. Then put off the descent to my lair, and sat at in the La-Z-Boy until 3:00. The Veteran called, and said he was supposed to meet Blue Truck Man at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday. I will set an alarm, and go meet him there. I hope I don't get up early for nothing.

We'll see.

I think Blue Truck Man needs to crap or get off the boot!

10 comments:

  1. My gr-daughters have told me 2 things about males: they break things and they are stupid. They said that when they were about 4 or 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom told me one thing, the week before I got married: "Honey, they're all alike."

      Delete
  2. Not that anyone needs my advice, but Hick should have given the man a date by which he needed to have his paperwork in order or he would put the camper back on the market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. But Hick is also the man who rented our duplex to a man with a family and no job, rather than the college gal I preferred. I figured her parents would be paying, and the rent would be a sure thing.

      Delete
  3. it's all a bit "up in the air" isn't it? hick needs to put his foot down sometimes. I hope Blue Truck man comes through with the money and the trailer is sold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Men definitely do things differently than women. Ask my husband. He got out a tool to dismantle a metal clamp from a hinge thingy. I told him he didn't need to do that as he muscled his way to detach the two pieces. I picked one up and bent it...right off. He still wouldn't admit I was right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised he didn't make you put it back together, so he could show you that his way would work!

      Delete
  5. I agree they break things and they are stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes they are willing to fix things we break. I am still ashamed that one had to inform me that ENGLAND IS AN ISLAND!

      Delete