Saturday, September 14, 2019

Orb K Is a PENNYtentiary

Val is not a paid influencer, and does not receive a kickback for her endorsement. That said, GO TO ORB K FOR ALL YOUR PENNY NEEDS!

SUNDAY, September 8, I was thrilled to glance down and see a penny at my feet while buying scratchers.


It was a 1982, face down, kind of camouflaged by the unpolished away tile surface. Little did I know that another penny was lurking, there in the confinement of the metal energy-supplement rack!


Even littler did I know that when I turned around, I'd seen ANOTHER lurker!

Oh, yeah! Come to mama, baby! The penny. Not the scrap of trash that first caught my eye.


We're talkin' about this face-down 1974.
____________________________________________________________________

WEDNESDAY, September 11, I was back in Orb K, trading scratchers. Cashed in $30, won $25. I'll take that any day. It still beats the odds.

It was a triple play for Val! I was quite aware that it could have been a FOURPLE play, were I only more limber. As it was, I could barely scoot that wall-penny out with the toe of my shoe. After the near-tipping incident a few weeks ago in Casey's, I knew better than to try and bend over while reaching.

You may have to zoom in to see them, but all three pennies are right there on the penny-colored section of floor. The first two were heads-up, and the third was showing its tail. In no particular order, because they all jangled together in my shirt pocket, they were a 2007, 1988, and 2004.

Yes, the same dust bunnies and crumbs were on the floor as Monday. Those slovenly slackers! I bet they might sweep if they knew a penny was still trapped under the rack!

Or maybe not.
__________________________________________________________________

2019 Running Total
Penny     # 95, 96, 97, 98, 99.
Dime      still at 16.
Nickel    still at 8.
Quarter   still at 4.

2018 TOTALS
Penny  131
Dime  17
Nickel  6
Quarter  1

2017 TOTALS (Started in March, 2017)
Penny  78
Dime   6
Nickel  0
Quarter  0
__________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. I don't think they'd sweep up for a penny. Maybe a five dollar gold piece, but even then, just the area needed to access the gold coin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure they'd sweep for anything. Apparently they don't do it for their salary.

      Delete
  2. You are so lucky or else someone just throws those pennies there so they can see you bend over? I would be checking for some one with the security mascaras. They might be selling pictures of your tucas on the dark web. I did find one penny this week buying 44 oz diet coke and I thought of you with warmth in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope nobody is setting me up to bend over! I would break the dark web!

      Every week when I start writing my Saturday CENTSus, I think of you, wondering if you found any coins. I usually think, "No. She's been too busy to go out anywhere!"

      Delete