Thursday, March 29, 2018

Has Anybody Here Seen My Old Friend Sunny?

I looked around, and he was gone.

Gone, baby, gone! For the past seven days, in fact. Nary a glimmer. Rain, rain, and more rain. So much rain.


HELP! I'm being washed away! Oh, wait. I'm parked on a bridge. Lucky for me, a not-very-low-water bridge, replaced several years ago by the county bridge department. Or else I WOULD be washing away. This is my alternate route home, because the bridge I normally traverse is under water. And probably under log as well, even though a previous one was chainsawed apart and removed from it yesterday morning after THAT flood receded.

Juno seems not to mind the deluge. The yard is just one big water bowl to her.


Jack needs to be careful and not wade into it. I think it might be over his head. He DOES enjoy a good swim, though.

Tomorrow might see the return of the sun. I'm not holding my breath. Hick is hoping for a clear day, since it will be the first (monetarily speaking, due to the 1st falling on a Sunday) weekend of the month, with people ready to blow their money at his Storage Unit Store.

8 comments:

  1. The gray skies are making me not nice to be around! We have the flooding here, too. Have to go out and unclog the drains in the ditches. We have also had a lot of hail here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad we didn't get the hail. Just soggy and muddy here.

      But SUN TODAY!!!

      Delete
  2. If not for that bridge the Gas Station Chicken store would be losing a lot of business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ain't a-woofin'! They probably kicked in a couple thousand for the new bridge...

      Delete
  3. You might try singing "Rain, rain, Go away" but I'm not at all sure that will work. While I wouldn't want to see endless days of rain, I am envious of the amounts of water you get. My state is the driest in my already very dry country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ARE very lucky to have so much rain. I generally like overcast rainy days, but 7 in a row is a bit much, even for me.

      Delete
  4. Gray skies are making me grouchy. I NEED sunshine on my shoulder. It makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like another week of the same. It's not good for the Storage Unit Store business!

      Delete