Thursday, March 1, 2018

I'm Pretty Sure My Mom Is Chuckling Over This

Hick had a little problem yesterday (Wednesday). Not that he would admit it.

When I got up and opened the living room blinds, I saw Hick's Trailblazer parked over by the chicken house. It's on the road to Shackytown Boulevard, which is paved with gravel, as well as best intentions. I figured Hick must have had something in the car that he was taking to the chicken house. Even though we've been down to one chicken for quite some time.

This is the car that belonged to my mom. The car we paid a half-interest in to my sister the ex-mayor's wife, so Hick could have it for his 40-mile commute to work every day. The car we used to chastise Mom for not leaving in 4WD during the winter. You know. When she wouldn't let me park in her driveway. The car we'd tell her would easily take her right up the driveway, if only she'd leave it in 4WD when she parked it during the winter. Making side-eyes at each other, and smirking over her head when she explained that no matter how she tried, she couldn't get that car out of the driveway. The car that Hick took to a mechanic last year, and was told that the 4WD was not working, and probably hadn't been for some time, and needed an expensive part to fix.

Anyhoo...I saw that Hick's Gator was under the carport. So I figured he wasn't at the BARn or his new Freight Container Garage. It was a mystery. I sent Hick a text.


"Why are you parked like that?"

"I am stuck have to pull it out after while working at at my sell locker" (Hick's very own words! I don't edit him!)

"Wait until the ground dries out. Why didn't you just use your 4WD? HA HA!"

"Ya would have been nice"

The rest of the story, when I called him later, after seeing his truck parked at Hardee's, where he was no doubt enjoying their sliders and restroom facilities...was that he had tried to drive down Shackytown Boulevard, and slid sideways.


I don't really see any slide marks. I'm thinking maybe he tried to avoid a muddy patch by going around on the grass, and then got stuck. That's not his explanation, though.

There's really no reason an SUV should get stuck like that on such a slight grade.


10 comments:

  1. The next lady bug you see will be crawling across a piece of paper that says "I told you so!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you only knew!

      Look for a related story tomorrow (Friday).

      Delete
  2. I know nothing about driving, so I'll take your word for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course. I'm an expert! Even though I won't drive on the highway any more...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. There's more coincidence to this story! Coming up within the hour, next post.

      Delete