Friday, September 8, 2023

What FedEx Says, What FedEx Means

Remember last week, when I was eagerly (well, indifferently) awaiting the arrival of Hick's two new pairs of shoes? And they didn't show up, despite the notice from FedEx? How odd that every time I checked the tracking link, those shoes were IN TRANSIT. Last location given was Olathe, Kansas. I suppose those shoes were vacationing. Taking in the sights. Touristing from within their cardboard box.

They're HEEEERE! Arrived two days ago, by the same red-headed man-cherub who delivered my printer. He was just as polite as before. I commend him for sticking with this job longer than the previous dozen or so FedEx drivers we've had, making only one appearance.

Now Hick can stroll the greater Backroads area in comfort, walking on a cloud in his new older-model Skechers, gathering freebies all willy-nilly, and beating the high-waisted pants off elderies at Senior Center bingo.

But this post is not about Hick. It's about VAL! ME ME ME!

I have cracked the FedEx code!

When they send an email proclaiming that a package will be delivered by

THE END OF THE DAY ON THURSDAY, AUGUST 31

What they really mean is that it will get there

AT 12:04 P.M. ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5

You're welcome. Now you can plan accordingly for the receipt of your future packages.

4 comments:

  1. I see the email, get set and excited. It does not show. Thank you for helping me understand the method to their madness. Now, I have to figure out how to keep them from squashing my hair color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a Fedex delivery though I have seen some of ther trucks around here. I don't buy nearly as much online as I used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fine with getting my packages out of the parcel locker down by Mailbox Row, or going to the main post office to pick them up after getting an orange card in the mailbox if they're too big. It's safe and predictable, no waiting and searching and wondering. Unfortunately, I don't get a choice on the shipping method for the items I order.

      Delete