Saturday, September 9, 2023

Two-COIN Val

Two-COIN Val is neither as colorful nor as exotic as Toucan Sam. It's safe to say her sweetness level is also sub-par. Two-COIN Val does not flitter around promoting vibrant eye-catching cereal rings, but rather plods through the week waiting for dull pennies to find her. It worked twice this week.

THURSDAY, September 7, "my" handicap parking space was taken at the Gas Station Chicken Store. The culprit was an old Oldsmobile Cutlass, a 1980s version. No handicap plates (not that I'm pointing fingers!). Driven by the guy, a 1990s version, who was in line ahead of me, buying a case of Miller beer. I suppose he didn't want to carry it far. I don't begrudge that dude "my" parking space. The air hose spot was available. And when I came out with the Cutlass gone, I found this:


Believe it or not, that's a heads-up 2022 penny! Of course I couldn't tell until I got it home and used a magnifying glass. I could barely discern the head. My darn phone camera blinked like it took a full picture, showing the corner of T-Hoe, the back alley, and the antique store across it. But no such picture was found! Anyhoo... if I had parked in "my" space, I would not have had this penny, as T-Hoe's left rear tire would have been parked on it. Looks like that penny is no stranger to having tires on its face.
________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, September 8, a penny was waiting for me inside the Liquor Store. Nobody was at the counter, so I stepped over that penny to do my scratcher transaction. (Won $76!) I was holding my breath that the two customers who came in after me were not penny collectors. They weren't. I'm sure you're shocked...


See how tempting this little copper was? Flaunting itself shamelessly on that non-bearskin rug? You'd need nerves of steel, or heavy medication, to resist, don't you think? Apparently the guy and gal who came in after me were nervy and drugged!


It was a heads-up 1988 penny, patiently posing while I ample-rumpused the nervy druggies who were now in line at the counter. MINE! 
________________________________________________________________

That's 2 COINS this week, for 2 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 76, 77.
Dime             still at 14
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 3

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. Hi Val, If the two customers who missed or didn't want the penny only knew of the riches you are accumulating:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shh... we don't want to let them in on the secret!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. How can people resist a FREE COIN directly in their path??? They were young and svelte. Much easier for them to bend and pick it up that for me to ample-rumpus my way to retrieving it!

      Delete
  3. Looks like the 1988 penny lived a good clean life while the 2022 was out drinking, fighting and nightclubbing every night of its short life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! Hard to convince the young of their mortality.

      Delete