Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Hick Is Not Like a Normal Person

Just one more thing normal people can do that Hick finds difficult...

When I make Hick a Wild Turkey and Diet Cola before supper, I use TWO Solo Cups. They are not actual Solo Cups. They're the store brand. And as such, they are a bit flimsy. So when you pick them up, they get all squeezy, not firm. So I use two, and Hick returns one to the stack when  he brings them in to throw away the inner cup.

Imagine my surprise, on my way to change out of my town clothes, when I saw that Hick had taken apart his double-cup! So my effort was wasted. He was squeezing the bejeebers out of that cheap cup every time he hoisted it to his lips for a sip.

"Why did you take your cups apart? I did that so it's not so squeezy. So you don't spill."

"Every time I take a drink, it goes down into the other cup."

"How is THAT even possible? Don't you know how to drink out of a cup?"

"I know how to drink out of a cup, Val."

Seriously? And when he brings the cups back, he just puts the bottom one back on the stack? If it's been having Wild Turkey and Diet Cola seeping into it? I call shenanigans!

I also double-cup my water for taking meds in the morning. And the cup I use for my Diet Shasta Cola if I want to add ice rather than drinking out of the can. I've never had a problem with my beverage leaking into the bottom cup. And I have normal lips, not those overinflated smackers that adorn Hick's mouth. In fact, I use my cups over and over. The water doesn't get it dirty, and the one(s) I use for soda are fine after a quick rinse after emptying.

How in the NOT-HEAVEN is Hick not able to drink from a cup? If he only uses one cup, does the liquid drip down the side and onto his chest or hand? I don't get it.

Just one more normal activity which Hick is incapable of performing like a regular human.

10 comments:

  1. I am perplexed and trying to figure out how he does that. By the way, wouldn't it be just as cheap to use one firm cup as two flimsy cups?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't consider the cost in our cup usage. The reason I bought the flimsy cups is because they were all that were available during the shopping trip when I needed cups. Save A Lot does not carry some major brands like Solo Cups. Country Mart might or might not have them. They each have their own store brand that is not nearly as sturdy. Some don't have the ridges and markings of Solo, which supposedly can be used to measure a shot of alcohol, according to Genius and The Pony.

      I use my double cups more than once, because it seems wasteful to throw out a cup only used for water, or one that rinses clean after a diet cola. I'm the one drinking out of them. It's not like I serve my cups to someone else. I wouldn't do it with sugared soda, because that can be a sticky mess. Since I don't have a dishwasher, I prefer not to spend my golden years scrubbing glasses at the sink!

      I really don't know how Hick's lips can channel the liquid down into the stacked cup below! It should be flowing the other way, out of the top cup, not touching the bottom cup. Is he spitting it back? What kind of weirdo drinks like this???

      Delete
    2. All sound reasons for the cheap cups. I wonder if he sort of squeezes the outside cup where the inside cup lifts away and causes a gap where the liquid can run between the cups.

      Delete
    3. Anything is possible when Hick is concerned. When making his drink this evening, I had to get out more cups, and saw that the brand of the flimsies was HEFTY! Heh, heh! I'm pretty sure that is some kind of irony.

      Delete
  2. I think PP solved the mystery.

    I think if you just used a regular glass instead of plastic you could save enough to buy a dishwasher to clean the glasses...in about 18 years. Plus it is good for the environment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am rolling in dough, so saving for a dishwasher isn't the issue. I'm not the one who would pick out and buy and connect the dishwasher... which has a space under the cabinet that has been waiting for it since our mansion was built by Hick 25 years ago.

      The death of the environment will no doubt be attributed to Val, as China struggles to inhale, and belly-laughs like Snidely Whiplash.

      Delete
    2. If you threatened to "Call a guy" for an install, Hick would have it done in no time.

      Delete
    3. Yes. I threatened to do that for the toilet seat I didn't like, and the same week Hick brought home a different one that is not identical to the kind in motels that are light plastic and slope like a funnel.

      Delete
  3. Overinflated smackers? Please tell me he does NOT indulge in botoxing. If I had a problem with flimsy cups I'd buy a sturdier brand. Like my almost solo size sturdy purple plastic cups that get washed and dried and don't take up space in the rubbish bins because they are not the disposable kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick is not botoxed, but he could be a poster elder for it. If I had sturdy knees, I'd hike through Walmart and buy real Solo Cups. And if I only had myself to cook for and clean up after, I wouldn't use disposable cups to make my final years more comfortable.

      Delete