Saturday, September 16, 2023

Val Has Another Double, Clink Your COINS in a Toast

In a case of deja vu all over again, Val nabbed two coins this week for her Future Pennyillionaire Fortune. Of course there's only one captive that is shown in the wild. Val is taking no chances on a glass door to the noggin. Not until some company markets a coin-harvesting helmet.

TUESDAY, September 12, I was coming out the door of Orb K when I couldn't believe my luck. Well. I could believe my luck five minutes prior, when a clerk on break almost knocked me off the curb in a hurry to get to her cigarette that she whipped out as soon as she reached the sidewalk space in front of T-Hoe, next to the propane gas cabinet.

Anyhoo... Orb K has just fixed their left double-door. It has had a sign taped to it for at least a month, directing all ye who enter to use the OTHER DOOR. I had almost abandoned hope on it ever being fixed. Yet there it was, swinging as normal with a hefty push from within to escape. No way was I going to bend over right in front of the newly-working old door! Even if it struck my rumpus, that would topple me onto my head. I grabbed my coin without taking two photos in its natural habitat.


It was a QUARTER! The king of coins! Here it is the next day, posed on my kitchen table. I had forgotten (!) it in my shirt pocket.


It was face-down like this when found. Without my glasses, I didn't recognize the state. Back home WITH my glasses, I also didn't recognize the state until reading the writing. I've never seen a New Mexico quarter before. This one is a 2008 version. A simple design, yet striking.
________________________________________________________________

WEDNESDAY, September 13, I stepped into the Gas Station Chicken Store and saw a future goblet-dweller waiting for me!


It was a DIME! Right there where my back is turned while I wait in line. In fact, I gave up my place in line to snatch that dime get a picture and claim my rightful ten-center.


It was a heads-up 2018 dime. So photogenic! Props to my phone camera for allowing itself to be reined in like a champion Quarter Horse.
________________________________________________________________

That's 2 COINS this week, for 35 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           still at 77
Dime            # 15.
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        # 4.

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. Wow, a quarter and a dime in one post. I would get knocked down, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good week for silver! I'm not as spry as I used to be, so not taking any chances on toppling over from unwanted contact.

      Delete
  2. I'd worry about a knock to the noggin too now the door is fixed. Kudos on the haul though. Are any of your coins gold? We have gold one and two dollar coins. The fifty cent, twenty cent, tens and fives are all silver(ish) we no longer have the copper one and two cent coins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a dollar coin that's gold, a bit smaller than a quarter. There is no actual gold in it, being composed of copper covered by brass/manganese.

      I have a gold dollar on T-Hoe's console that The Pony uses to scratch lottery tickets when I take them to his house. Not sure where I got it. I know I didn't find it. Probably in a jar of change from my mom's house.

      No $2 coins here. The 50 cent piece is the biggest, which I think is wrong, having it bigger than the dollar. Though to be fair, I think it was in circulation before the dollar became a coin. Can't remember any dollar coins from my childhood.

      Delete
  3. 35 cents! Just think how rich you will be if you can find 35 cents every week!! Okay, it might take awhile ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd better have Hick start building me a counting room like Scrooge McDuck's. Perhaps my own themed Counting Shed...

      Delete
  4. You will get rich faster if you keep this up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting rich slower, because I PASSED UP A PENNY yesterday in the Liquor Store! There was a woman right on my rumpus, and I made it to the counter ahead of her. She was a close-stander, so I couldn't get it while the cashier was scanning my tickets. To bend down behind her after my transaction was something I was not willing to do. Wouldn't want to look like a weirdo, you know...

      Delete