Friday, September 1, 2023

The Dirty, Dirty Liars Are Still Messing With Val's Deliveries

Oh, how I was tricked by FedEx last week on the delivery of my printer! When that kid brought it to the door, within the 4-hour time frame the email said it would arrive!

It came from Walmart, and FedEx was the shipping method. I would not have chosen that for myself, as we have not had good interactions with that company, considering leaving an envelope of checks on the driveway that got run over at night, having been delivered two days early. Or the paper envelope containing Genius's Christmas gift of a bison leather wallet, monogrammed, with RFID blocker, from Sharper Image, which was left on the porch leaning against the front wall, and was nabbed by my little Jack, who ate 1/3 of it within an hour. Or the time the driver decided to turn around in the yard, and left ruts a foot deep. Not to mention all the packages they have left down the gravel road, on an offshoot road, on the porch of people we don't know.

Anyhoo... I ordered Hick two pairs of shoes from B.A. Mason. Who also uses FedEx as the delivery method. No choice given. Their email and the FedEx website for tracking said that package would be delivered Thursday, by the end of the day. No 4-hour window like I was given for my printer. So I stayed home all day waiting. HA HA HA HA! No! It was two pair of shoes for Hick. I figured they'd get there when they got there. And hopefully not be left down on the county blacktop road, on top of Mailbox Row, like The Pony's work shoes I ordered for him.

Anyhoo... all day Thursday, the FedEx tracking kept saying the same thing, yet showing that the package had been "picked up." But was not yet out for delivery. Pretty hard to deliver a package when it's not out for delivery, but is still "in transit."

What, exactly, is the END OF THE DAY? Midnight? As I write this it is 7:59 p.m. No package. So I call shenanigans! FedEx is composed of 99 percent dirty, dirty liars!!! That kid who delivered my printer should look for a new job. He's too good for them. They don't deserve him!

Maybe I should have Hick drive down and look on those not-really-neighbors' porch...

6 comments:

  1. This is the best thing about living close to town for me, if I want somethig and it is small enough for me to manage I will go directly to the store, buy the item and carry it home on the bus. You'd be surprised by what I consider small enough. Two weks ago I delivered a folded clothes drying rack to my son-with-the-twins, because they needed a bigger one and I had one languishing in my shed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that tactic also discourages people from sitting right next to you! Hick has looked for those shoes around here, but can't find that style. The others he tried on are not comfortable.

      Delete
  2. My things get delivered by whomever. But, they are put out of reach on an area of the porch where a walker cannot go. Or, they are thrown! Sometimes a heavy package is in front of the door and I cannot get the door open. Today, I had hair color delivered in an envelope and the whole thing is crushed. I have not even opened the box to see if contents are okay. But, just how am I supposed to get it to sit on a shelf? I suppose I can just throw everything in the closet. Never mind orderly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is problematic. Maybe they think you have a big shepherd's crook thingy to pull your packages within reach! What if you have to call 911 to move a package and let you our of the house? At least when people are blocked in by a blizzard, the snow eventually melts. Too bad the crusher didn't get DIED when the crushing was done!

      Delete
  3. FedEx is the worst. Like you, I try to befriend my drivers in hopes of better service, but they don't seem to stick around long enough and every new driver has to learn how to get to us, backing down my drive. UPS is not that much better with turnover of employees. I have yet to offer cold drinks, but I would if I was in ear shot of the truck backing down my drive. The Patient was notified of a delivery while still in the hospital. It is belts for the riding mower and I have looked everywhere I can think that a delivery person might have put a package, but that package is not here! I have been thinking about putting a mailbox like the ones on street corners, modified to make the opening large enough for big packages to be deposited. The bottom wuld be locked like the real mailbox on the street corner. I would put it at the top of the drive and paint it a bright annoying color that would be noticed and put instructions on it for UPS and FedEx. They would not have to back down my driveway, the packages would not be out in the weather an be somewhat secure. Would be a win/win if they would use it. The Patient said it would be a waste of time and materials unless I was standing there to teach the driver. He might just be right this one time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your street-corner mailbox idea. Surely the drivers would appreciate a way not to back down your driveway. Or maybe not. Since an alternative seems to be not delivering at all, or leaving your package somewhere else.

      Delete