Thursday, August 31, 2023

Hick's Struggle Is Real, and It Continues

Hick went to play bingo again on Wednesday night. He didn't win anything! I had asked him to at least get a picture of his food, so I'd have something to report. In true Hick fashion, he FORGOT to take a picture of his food. Which he said was some nachos.

"With meat?"

"Yeah. With hamburger. And salsa. And jalapenos. And the stuff you put in nachos."

He DID take a picture of the grand prize:


"Tonight's big prize was a computer! My buddy came to play for the first time, and he won it! But a lady won it, too. Them two tied. So they had a tiebreaker, and the lady got it."

Huh. I'd be really disappointed if I won a Chromebook on my first night playing bingo, and had it taken away in a tiebreaker! Hick said there were some "little prizes" too, but I don't know what he was talking about, because he didn't describe them, and I don't really see them in this picture. I DO notice what seems to be that insurance salesman Mayhem in a commercial on the big TV.

Anyhoo... Hick also took a picture of his table.

"I knew I messed up when I forgot to take a picture of my nachos until after I ate them. So I took a picture of our table."


As happy as they appear here, I'm pretty sure Hick's chums didn't go to play bingo with the purpose of having their faces splashed all over my blog. The little gal in the back would have been smiling, but her "face" was behind that tool on my photo editor that let me choose the ink color. So every time I tried to give her a smile, it took me out of the picture and said it was "letting my ink dry."

Anyhoo... it looks like a jolly group. Though they might be in need of their own Johnny-On-the-Spot, what with all the drinks on that table!

I'm sure Hick will play again. Maybe even win something...

8 comments:

  1. News of a Chrome book as a prize will probably more new players. "[L]etting the ink dry" on a computer screen"? Well, at least you have a 'table' picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose that "ink dry" thing was supposed to be funny, but I found it annoying. Apparently you can't draw on a picture under that thingy that offers you the ink color. Who's responsible for THAT? You should be able to click on the photo somewhere, and make that thingy disappear. But no.

      The last big prize was a giant flat screen TV. So there ARE good prizes to be had. I don't mind Hick going to play once a week. He would surely share such a prize, and not sell it.

      Delete
  2. Wow! A lot of hand action in that picture:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They probably broke out into "jazz hands" after Hick snapped that photo!

      Delete
  3. The more he plays the better he'll get so a grand prize is a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Hick might be at a disadvantage when he took his SUNGLASSES cheaters to play bingo. His regular cheaters don't fit on the bill of his cap. When I saw the picture, I realized that the numbers are big enough that he can see them WITHOUT his bifocal cheaters.

      Delete
  4. Hick is persistant, so he should begin to win "prices" soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would really put a "smiley face" on him!

      Delete