Saturday, August 19, 2023

COINcentration Is Required

Finding coins throughout the week is not a simple task. Val must keep her head in the game, watching the pavement coming and going. Many a penny has been spied on the way back to T-Hoe, when none was apparent on the trip in.

That's what happened SATURDAY, August 12, at the Liquor Store. No penny observed on the way into the store, but there one was upon my exit.


Do you think maybe it crawled out of that crack while I was inside? Me neither.


It was a face-down 20. That's right. A 20. I could only read the first two letters of the date, due to scratching from cars running over this little gem.
______________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, August 17, I found a treasure on my way into the Sis-Town Casey's to pre-pay for T-Hoe's gas. Good thing I waited for a car to drive by, or it might have hit me while I was in the handicap walkway where I found the penny. Since you can see that the driver did not understand the meaning of parking LINES. That car actually had a handicap license plate, and was at least halfway parked in the handicap space.


I was a bit uncomfortable taking my picture and picking up my penny, being so close to the side of that car. I didn't notice if anybody was in the passenger seat. They could have flung open the door to thwart my efforts if they thought I was up to ne'er-do-well-ness.


It was a shiny, shiny, face-down 2015 penny. But WAIT!

On the way back to T-Hoe to pump my gas, ANOTHER penny demanded my attention!


It's under the stain blob closest to the yellow line. SOMEBODY who works at that Casey's needs to get out there with the hose and clean the parking lot!


This one was a face-down 2012, a bit rougher than his look-alike buddy.
________________________________________________________________

That's 3 COINS this week, for 3 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 71, 72, 73.
Dime             still at 13
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 3

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. If I walked in parking lots more than I do, I might find pennies, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you gotta hit the pavement (not literally!) to find the pennies!

      Delete
  2. That first penny that you found looked really beat up. Poor thing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. This is the first time a penny has been so skinned-up that I couldn't make out TWO of the digits in the date.

      Delete
  3. I wonder if the angle of light is why you can't see them on your way in, but find them on your way out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that's it. I always go out in the late afternoon. It's unlikely that people are following behind me and dropping coins in my return path.

      Delete