Saturday, August 26, 2023

One Singular CENTsation

Better one than none! It was not a banner week for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.

MONDAY, August 21, Even Steven found me at my new store, the Sis-Town Country Mart. I was wheeling out my cart/walker when right outside the main door, I spied a penny! I could not stop for a picture. The parking lot slopes down, and my cart/walker would have run away from me down the grade, had I taken my hands off to take a picture. I'm not some long-fingered wizard who can take a phone picture with one hand. Anyhoo... I held onto the cart/walker and ample-rumpused my way to snatch that penny from the pavement.


Here it is on my kitchen counter. It was face-down when I found it. A 2021 shiny penny.
________________________________________________________________

That's 1 COIN this week, for 1 CENT towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 74.
Dime             still at 13
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 3

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

10 comments:

  1. Hi Val, You have found 73 pennies more than me this year. But let me tell you, I was very proud when I found the one penny on the ground. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! You are off to a good start. Better late than never.

      Delete
  2. If you turn the cart-walker sideways it won't run anywhere, but that could be too much trouble if there isn't enough room to manouver it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is plenty of room to maneuver the cart/walker, but that exit it a long hump. So even sideways, that cart/walker would roll either forwards or backwards, depending on which portion of that hump I was on. Nothing is level there. The actual name of Sis-Town is ______ Hills. Everything is on a hill!

      Delete
  3. Carts have a mind of their own, anyway. I have used the buggy as a walker, too. Now, I cannot even push it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, when their front wheels decide to twirl in a different direction, you never know! I used to tease my kids that it was my walker, but now I relish using it to lean on.

      Delete
  4. HeWho ikes to use the cart as a walker, he just looks funny with my purse in the child seat. He does not care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can stuff HIM into the child seat, and push him through the store while he holds your purse.

      Delete
    2. Not a bad idea, it would be a lot faster!

      Delete
    3. You could promise him ONE treat, IF he's good!

      Delete