Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Freebie, Freebie, Who Got the Freebie?

C'mon! You know darn well it was HICK! 

I was chatting with Hick before he left for the auction on Monday, and he said,

"Did you see my whiskey?"

"No. What do you mean? I just bought you a bottle the other day."

"My buddy give me one. A bottle of Wild Turkey 101. So I bought him a $3 lunch at the Senior Center. The other day down at the lockers we was talkin' about the heat. He said he sure liked a cold beer, and I said I liked a cold mixed drink with Wild Turkey. Then I was gettin' out of my truck for lunch, and he said, 'Come over here.' And he handed me a bottle of Wild Turkey! What's that cost, about 20 bucks? The regular size bottle."

"You mean like a fifth? That's probably $26 with tax. It used to be cheaper. I think around $22 when I first started getting it at Country Mart. But last time it was around $26. They're pretty high on things. But I'm pretty sure it would have been over $20, wherever he got it."

"I cain't figure out why he'd give it to me. Unless it's because I gave him some insulation. And I told him he could have however much he needs, because I cain't use it all. That stuff I bought from HOS. So maybe he's just thanking me for the insulation."

"That's probably it. Most people don't go around handing out fifths of whiskey. Even to YOU!"

6 comments:

  1. Free whiskey! I don't remember the last time I got anything at all for free. It was nice of Hick to buy the man lunch after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, even if it was a $3 Senior Center lunch!

      Delete
  2. I would be a good candidate for a stiff drink right now! Trying to reason with my idiot has been trying, so very trying today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bottoms up! I'll donate a Shasta Diet Cola to your cause. It's a good mixer, according to Hick.

      Delete
    2. You might need it more, after your next doctor trip with HeWho!

      Delete