Saturday, August 12, 2023

Val Travels Through the Week in eCOINomy Class

This was a blue-collar week for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune. Nothing flashy, nothing extravagant. Just a couple of finds that got the job done.

SATURDAY, August 5, I stopped by Orb K for my scratchers. A truck was in my preferred parking space. I pulled in next to it, and while I was gathering my phone and winners, the driver came out and left. So I backed up and re-parked. When I opened T-Hoe's door, I found a treat:


There it is, at the end of the door shadow. Don't think there are two. That other spot is gummy gum, which I avoided. There's something that pleases me concerning the geometry of this photo.


It was a face-down 1969 relic, which I pocketed, and headed inside, smugly congratulating myself on my good fortune. The minute I stepped through the door, the power went off! The kid clerking said loudly to his co-hort, "We're EFFED!" Only he said the real word. He called the manager, on speaker phone, saying the backup generator didn't come on. She said, "Get all the customers out of the store. Watch them closely!" What in the actual Not-Heaven? Because were were thieves, or in case we might throw ourselves onto the tile and claim injury for a lawsuit? Anyhoo... I had to leave without my scratchers, and take my business to the Liquor Store, where I won $30.
_______________________________________________________________

SUNDAY, August 6, I was back at Orb K to get those scratchers I had wanted. Again, my favorite parking spot was taken. I parked beside the white sedan in it. This driver was not so swift at taking care of business, so I went inside. Got my scratchers. Came back out, and that car was gone. Which revealed my prize that had been under it.


I opened T-Hoe's door while I took the picture, to prevent some speedy entitleist from ramming my ample rumpus while I took the closeup photo. You can see how far T-Hoe's door extends, even though I of course have parked him as close to the opposite line as possible. Parkers tend to shy away if somebody is entering or exiting their vehicle.


It was a face-down 1992 penny. And all my scratchers were losers. Day late, dollars short.
_______________________________________________________________

Not a great week, but still a week where pennies threw themselves into my path. ________________________________________________________________

That's 2 COINS this week, for 2 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 69, 70.
Dime             still at 13
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 3

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. "Watch them closely" because many would take advantage of not being able to pay and just wander on out with arms and pockets full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably the most likely reason. It costs money to bring a lawsuit for a slip-and-fall in the dark, and nothing to walk out with some merchandise.

      Delete