Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Bargains Cling To Hick Like Shrink-Wrap

Monday is the day for the dark meat fried chicken special at Country Mart. Now that the Backroads facility is closed for remodeling until November, we can only get it at the Sis-Town location. Probably after November, too, since one of the workers told me that the "new" version of the store won't have a deli.

Anyhoo... Hick was over at the Double Hovel flip house, stowing away some paint he'd bought. So I asked if he'd run by and get us some chicken. It's less than two miles from the Country Mart. He agreed. 

Hick arrived home with a box of chicken.

"They didn't have enough dark meat. So she gave me some white meat and said she hoped that was okay."

"She probably charged you for the 8-piece chicken."

"She said she didn't."

"The dark meat special is 12 pieces. Six legs and six thighs. For $8.99. They only have it on Mondays."

"I don't know what she put in there."

"Was it that young girl?"

"She was young. But not THAT young. Maybe 30. I think she said the manager forgot to order dark meat this week."

"Well. That's good customer service if she gave it to you for the dark meat price. They'd never do that at the Backroads store!"

When I got out the chicken to warm Hick's supper, I saw that the box contained three legs, three thighs, three wings, and three breasts. The receipt showed it was $8.99, plus tax.

That's a really good deal. I doubt they would have given it to me. Only to magical Hick.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a really good deal! How does Hick do it? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew! I think the price on a regular 8-piece of mixed chicken, which includes 2 each of those pieces, is now $10.99. So Hick made out like a chicken bandit!

      Delete
  2. He does get the bargains! Lucky for you this time too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was one of Hick's more tasty bargains.

      Delete
  3. Hick should become one of those personal shoppers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he could take 50 percent of the savings as part of his fee!

      Delete